Military Families
Options

Any experience with Vasectomy & Tricare?

My husband is civilian, and we already decided once DS#2 arrives, he's going to get a vasectomy. Does anyone have experience with getting this procedure done for non-military male?

Like, it's easy for me to get an outpatient proceedure done, because my PCM is the on-base clinic. But for him it's a little more difficult because we live 30min from base, meaning he gets on off-base provider. We recently moved, so we haven't even set up a PCM for him yet, which I know is #1 priority.

Just looking to see if anyone has experience with getting this proceedure done for their husband.

Re: Any experience with Vasectomy & Tricare?

• Options

I use to process medical referrals.  It's pretty simple.  He will need to make an appointment with his PCM and get a referral to a urologist.  There will be an initial appointment, the procedure, and then a follow-visit with the specialty provider.  He could start the process now and wait to make the appointment since depending on the provider he is authorized to see, there may be a long wait for appointments.  Hope this helps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Pesci, it helped very very much!! He wants to procrastinate as much as possible, so I can use this to get the ball rolling ;)

Thanks so much!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"