Health & Exercise

running with a baby..

I'm so excited to use my new jogging stroller and excited to run again.  I've read reviews and comments and some people say you shouldn't run with a child under 6 months, sometimes under a year...  but I've also heard that people have done it anyway with young babies and a car seat adapater.  What have you done?  What are your thoughts? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: running with a baby..

• Drs and stroller companies state that your child has to be 6m until they can ride in a jogging stroller because they will have better neck stability.  My Dr gave me the ok at 5 months because DD had great head & neck control.

I don't see the problem with the rear face type of carseats (so LO will be facing you) but you just want to make sure they are locked in and it's not a bumpy trail.  Otherwise I'd clear it with your Dr.

• My pediatrician said my DD was fine with the car seat adapter as long as I ran on flat pavement... she put it this way "youre going to be running slower than you drive and as long as its flat theres no more impact than in a car."
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLinz-E:
    My pediatrician said my DD was fine with the car seat adapter as long as I ran on flat pavement... she put it this way "youre going to be running slower than you drive and as long as its flat theres no more impact than in a car."

I've thought this same thing.... 

• imageLinz-E:
    My pediatrician said my DD was fine with the car seat adapter as long as I ran on flat pavement... she put it this way "youre going to be running slower than you drive and as long as its flat theres no more impact than in a car."

I've thought this same thing.... 

• imageLinz-E:

Mine said the same thing. I had DS in the jogger with the carseat adapter at 8 weeks--he was in his first 5k at 12!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"