South Florida Babies

amoxicillin

has your dc ever been on this antiobiotic?

we've been using it for the past 6 days now to treat mady's ear infection. just yesterday i started noticing a small scattered pink rash on her butt and pp.....this morning a few are scattered on her cheeks and back. (it sort of looks like tiny pink pimples, with no white on them)

we have an after hours appt today with her pedi. just wondering if i should relate this to the medicine or is this something else.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: amoxicillin

• I don't have a baby yet but that's the exact same way that DH's parents found out he was allergic to amoxicillin, he broke out in hives when they prescribed it for an ear infection, at least you have an appt today with the pedi!...GL
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It could be a reaction to the antibiotic, especially if it came about after she started taking the amoxicillin. Are they hives or just small bumps like the newborn rash??
    ~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It could definitely be a reaction to the antibiotics. Mikey had a reaction to amox. in Sept. It was 6 days into it too and he broke out in hives all over his body. It was the 3rd time he was put on amox. It's very common to be allergic to it. I would not give her any more doses of it until you see the doc this afternoon.
  • Charlotte had the same thng happen to her, but after a really high fever of almost 102.9  It could be that, did Maddy have a high fever within three days of the rash, thats what our pedi told us. GL I hope that Mady's ear infection goes away REALLY quickly.
  • That is EXACTLY what happened to me when I was a little girl! It wasn't the amoxicillin itself, but rather it was the RED DYE in the liquid medication.

When I got old enough to take pills, the doctor tried the Amoxicillin pills and I was just fine!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"