Potty Training

telling us he has to go????

DS has been successful in underwear for a few weeks now, even for overnights. He's had only 1 overnight accident and minimal daytime accidents. NEVER one at school.

So, my problem is that he RARELY tells us he has to go. We constantly check in with him to see if he has to go. I ask, and he will either say "YES" or "NO" or we have him try before leaving the house...

how do I encourage this next step?

Re: telling us he has to go????

• We used to ask DS if he had to go constantly. Finally I stopped asking because I could tell it was bugging him. He then just started telling me when he had to go, or goes to the potty without asking. I still however make him try before we leave the house AND before bedtime. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Perhaps he's not telling you he has to because you constantly ask him? See how he does without any prompting. When I started PT'ing my DD I let her run around naked from the waist down and she went whenever she needed to, no prompting needed. When I started putting underpants on her I was constantly reminding her to go and it bugged her. So I stopped reminding her and she just went whenever she felt the need. I still ask her to go potty before we leave the house or before sleep/nap time though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"