Military Families

35 Weeks

So I am 35 weeks and 4 days today. I had my cerclage removed today at my doctors office, after a long high risk pregnancy. My husband comes home for R&R in the next couplish weeks, we are hoping baby comes before he is actually home so he has more time to actually be with him before he goes back. Although my doctors don't think it should be that long before I go into labor now, anyone have any recommendations on what to try to get baby moving?
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 35 Weeks

• I understand that you want your husband to have time with the baby, but there is no way I'd try to induce labor at 35 weeks. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLace&Josh:
    I understand that you want your husband to have time with the baby, but there is no way I'd try to induce labor at 35 weeks. 

This.

While some dr's say it's safe to deliver a 35weeker and have little to no NICU time, full term isn't technically until 37 weeks.

Also, your body will not go into labor until it's ready, no matter what you do short of medical induction. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLace&Josh:
    I understand that you want your husband to have time with the baby, but there is no way I'd try to induce labor at 35 weeks. 

Agreed. I really do understand wanting YH to have time with LO because mine is away and won't be back for some time. There's nothing I'd like more than for him to be here when our daughter is born and to have time to bond with her, but 35 weeks is still a bit early. I'd focus on being as healthy as possible and letting LO come when he/she gets ready.

• Agreed with all PPs.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagenoah-bear:

imageLace&Josh:

This.

While some dr's say it's safe to deliver a 35weeker and have little to no NICU time, full term isn't technically until 37 weeks.

Also, your body will not go into labor until it's ready, no matter what you do short of medical induction. 

I agree with all of this. Also, being someone who's had a baby in the NICU, it's not something I would wish on anyone and not worth the risk just to meet your baby a little earlier.  

Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You need to stay off your feet or take it easy until you hit at least 37 weeks.  If you don't, you risk spending your R&R in the NICU. 

I had a 35w4d baby.  It wasn't fun.  DO NOT try to "get the baby moving".

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• How about this for you and yes it is true.

I had DS2 at 35wk, 5d and no it was not my choice. He is special needs. So I guess if you want to risk having a SN child then feel free to get "that baby moving". Granted, not everyone who has a late term preemie has a special needs child but there is a chance of it. 35 weeks is considered late term preemie. It isn't a badge of honor or anything else grandiose that you or anyone else may think it is. Full term isn't until 37wk. WHY would you wish potential issues on a child? They are not done developing yet and I would not risk having a child born prior to full term just so my husband can spend time with the child. Yes it would be nice for your husband to see and hold the baby but it isn't worth the risk of possible NICU time and/or potential issues down the line.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"