South Jersey Babies
Options

birthing centers in NJ?

I want to have a home-birth (I really feel uncomfortable in hospitals), but I just called my insurance company to see if they cover it and they said no, but they do cover birth in a birthing center. When I asked them for a list of birthing centers, they said they don't have one. How helpful! :-/

Anyone know of any birthing centers in NJ?

Re: birthing centers in NJ?

• Options

I just tried Googling "birth centers in South Jersey" and stumble upon this link: https://www.birthcenters.org/find-a-birth-center/index.php

There aren't any birth centers certified by the American Association of Birth Centers in all of New Jersey.  I'm willing to bet it has something to do with insurance costs.  Where in South Jersey do you live?  I know there is a birth center in Bryn Mawr, PA (I've seen it featured on TLC a few times).

If you want to pm me your email address I may be able to put you in touch with someone who can help you either find a birth center or give you the skinny on a home birth...I don't think they're as expensive as you may think.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just responded to your PM.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Bryn Mawr and Wilmington were the closest I found. There's some sort of weird NJ thing with the insurance. 

Consider SJH Elmer hospital. They are very natural friendly, small ( 5 rooms) and they can do a water birth in one of their rooms. It's still a hospital but I had a good experience with both my twins there and my most recent LO. A world of difference from Virtua. 

• Options
    I used midwife Karen Shields for a beautiful all natural birth-- lived in Burlington co at the time so we had to travel to elmer.  But Karen is opening another office in Collingswood-- guessing she is using Cooper.  Karen is amazing & does water birth!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"