Maryland Babies
Options

Anyone from Harford county?

Is anyone from harford county that could recommend an ob that does vbacs? Is there anyone from harford county md that has had a successful vbac?  I just moved here and I am 5 months along and need to find a new provider asap and I don't have time to go to five different ones. Anyone with a suggestions and referrals or good/ bad experiences are welcome to share. :) thanks

Re: Anyone from Harford county?

• Options
    Welcome and Congratulations. I believe lauranne had a vbac and hopefully she will post about her experience.

• Options

Someone recently told me that the midwives at Upper Chesapeake that I have heard are good, but I don't have any personal experience. I keep promising myself I'll do the research so I am ready when it's time, but I haven't gotten to it yet. If you look up the ICAN chapter for Baltimore and contact the leader, she may be able to help. Good luck!

Oh and I believe pp is right about Lauranne!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLisa and Mickey:

Someone recently told me that the midwives at Upper Chesapeake that I have heard are good, but I don't have any personal experience. I keep promising myself I'll do the research so I am ready when it's time, but I haven't gotten to it yet. If you look up the ICAN chapter for Baltimore and contact the leader, she may be able to help. Good luck!

Oh and I believe pp is right about Lauranne!

My LO was delivered by a midwife at Upper Chesapeake and they will do a VBAC.  You have to be evaluated by one of the OB's first to make sure there aren't any medical issues that would prevent the VBAC. 

The group is Susquehanna OBGYN 443-643-4300.

• Options

Yep, I had a VBAC!  My doctors are Upper Chesapeake Women's Care.  My original doctors were Dr. Morey and Dr. Swanbeck, and they were the doctors I saw throughout the majority of my pregnancy.  They merged towards the end of my pregnancy with Dr. Sopher and Dr. Levy.  There's also a PA now too. 

Dr. Morey and Dr. Swanbeck were EXTREMELY supportive of my VBAC.  They let me labor how I wanted, even though my labor was slow (Claire was born 36 hours after my water broke).  After Claire was born (she was 8 lbs. 9 oz) Dr. Swanbeck told me he realized she was going to be a big baby but didn't want to tell me that to discourage me from my VBAC.

I can't speak for Dr. Sopher and Dr. Levy as I only saw them once during my pregnancy.  I know everyone loves Dr. Sopher and she did do my follow up in the hospital and I really liked her.  But I can't speak to how they would be for VBACs.  I do know someone who VBACed with Dr. Levy.

Definitely educate yourself.  I think that my knowledge was a big key in my having a successful VBAC.  The book Pushed was a great resource as well.  Let me know if you have any further questions!

Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • Options
    Oh yeah- there is a VBAC board over there <-----------------------. The girls there are awesome and very willing to help. It is also super encouraging to hear about so many women having VBACS!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I will second upper chesapeake womens care. My dr's were also Morey and Swanbeck and they merged with Sopher and Levy. I only met Sopher once and I didn't have a VBAC but I do know someone who did, and many many people I now had the same OB practice as mine and I can honestly say the y are all so supportive. Dr Levy delivered me and he was great. My friend had him also and she labored for a looong time.. there was talk of a c-section but he supported her decision to keep trying and she delivered naturally in the end. 

I cannot say enough good things about this group of Dr's.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"