Military Families

Married to another military member

Any one else dual military, whether or not it is same branch or not.  What is the most problems that you run into?   I run into a lot of "well it isn't his appointment so he can't go with you eventhough we have 5 other people in the shop" and what about deployments and family care plans?

Re: Married to another military member

• We're a dual military couple both in the navy. Biggest problem will be who will care for the kids while one of us is deployed. I'm probably going to take a break in my career until my husband retires, then go back to work once the kids are in school. As far as appointments go: I'm on one coast of the country on a course and he's back at our home base. Be thankful that you are in the same area code when you are. The military is great for benefits, but also has its sacrifices. It's what we sign on the dotted line of that contract for in the end. Doesn't mean it's always fair to us though, does it?

I hate to sound unsympathetic here. So far my hubby has missed out on baby's first ultrasound and sonograms 1-2. He'll miss the ultra-sound at 20 weeks too. AND, I wont get to seen him until I'm about 6 months pregnant. Believe me when I say, I feel your pain sister.

• me and my husband are both army.
    Same Battalion different companies. Deployments suck....we are in EOD companies so they are really small so he stayed in the states and I deployed with my company.  We are different MOS's too.
    His company was scheduled to go January but they moved him to BN so we wouldnt be apart for 2 years.
    When our daughter has appointments its usually no big deal because we dont work together...
    If you knew better, you'd do better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Dual military here.  We bring the tots to the base day care when we are working.  As for appointments, i go to those by myself usually but if hubby is available he will go to.  Since he is an EDO he does not do sea duty any longer so we only have to worry about me deploying every other tour. It all works out in the end, plus its good to have military resources available to help out when needed.
  • imagenaynaywhite75:
    Dual military here.  We bring the tots to the base day care when we are working.  As for appointments, i go to those by myself usually but if hubby is available he will go to.  Since he is an EDO he does not do sea duty any longer so we only have to worry about me deploying every other tour. It all works out in the end, plus its good to have military resources available to help out when needed.

Don't feed the TROLL, see on this post where they are impersonating a military member who DIED on 9/11

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you. I am unsure of if they were referencing that member, as it is likely that there is another LCDR D Williams somewhere in the military, but nonetheless they are a poor representation of our military if they are active duty and should be ignored.
    ~*~ Nikki ~*~ DS born 2/18/08! TTC #2 since 01/2009 11/01 Round #5 Clomid 100 mg, IUI 11/14, at 10dpiui 11/26 Beta:12dpiui 114 11/29 Beta:15dpiui 755 1/9/10 First U/S: TRIPLETS! 6/20/11 And then there were six... http://andbabiesmakesix.wordpress.com/ Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I realize that may have it easier than most dual military couples.  I feel bad those who are separated. My husband will be leaving in July to go to Nevada for a few months. I don't know what I would have done if he was gone through the majority or all of my pregnancy. I have managed to rely upon him a bunch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"