Military Families

***Sweetpea20***

Our husbands do the same thing. I noticed you pictures on baby names one day and thought hey that is DH's plane.

Re: ***Sweetpea20***

• Oh yea?  Are you in Norfolk or Mugu or Japan (or somewhere else not doing E2 stuff)?

We are in Norfolk again (we did his first fleet tour with VAW 126, he went through Test Pilot School and VX-20 for his shore tour, and we are back for disassociated). 

DH is actually CAG Staff right now... he just hitched a ride with VAW 124 for homecoming :).

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• We are in San Diego. DH is doing a department head tour out here. We miss VA and the E2 community. All of our friends are there.

We moved here from AL where he went to war college. Before that he was on CAG staff. He deployed with them and hitched a ride home with VAW 126. I was happy to have him home a few days early and the fly in is a lot nicer then waiting for them to get off the ship.

If he was here I would show him the pictures and ask if he knew your H. He is deployed again though. No fly in this time. :-(

• Loading the player...
  • Awww... yea, I know what you mean.  When did you hitch a ride home with VAW 126?  If it was the deployment where they came home in 2008 then our DH's probably know of each other.  My husband flew home on the rotator early to start TPS, but he was in 126 for the first few months of that deployment.  And at the very least, I'm sure we have a lot of mutual friends :).

Funny, I feel like all of my friends are in San Diego. 

Are you guys away from the E2 community for good? 

Married 6/28/03

*~*~*~*~*

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Yes it was 2008 from the Truman. I am sure they probably know each other. 

He is probably out for good. It would be hard to get back in at this point.  

• In a brief convo with my husband I am going to guess your hubby's call sign is Sunshine :).  Am I right?

If so, our husbands are aquantances.

Married 6/28/03

*~*~*~*~*

• You are correct. I sent him your H's information to see if he could guess who he was. He said he remembers him but said he came after he graduated but before he went back as an instructor. He couldn't remember his call sign and he doesn't know anyones real name (you know that I am sure). I told him I would just ask you what his call sign was and let him know. 
  • Yea, I don't think they spent much time together.  It is just easier to remember a CAG staff rep than for a rep to remember a whole squadron of guys :).  I don't blame your DH for not remembering.  My DH's name is John, his call sign is Qunior. (our last name starts with a "Q")...  If he needs more info you can look at my blog-  I have clearer pictures on there :).

Married 6/28/03

*~*~*~*~*

• I noticed your blog last night. I just started reading it. I love your homecoming pics. I can't wait to see how my daughter does with homecoming. 
  • I'm sorry I was fishing around on the bump and saw your pics of the plane too. My H flies a P3 but we're here in Norfolk on his disassociated tour until the end of the this year (maybe mid next). I haven't met anyone yet and he's on the Truman staff right now. I'm sure our H's don't know each other being from diff. communities but it was just nice to see someone with some similarities in the same place. 

How long have you been in Norfolk? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"