March 2011 Moms

Anyone starting to think about 1st birthday party?

I admit it, I'm a planner.  I like to plan stuff way ahead, and I've started to think about Anna's first birthday party.  Since it will be in March, and in Michigan, there's no way we can have it outside.  We probably will have around 80 people (we tend to do 1st birthdays big and then scale down for subsequent years), so we really can't do it in our house.

Has anyone come up with a great venue for her baby's first birthday party? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone starting to think about 1st birthday party?

• I have started planning already--I need and want to be ahead of this game :)

No great venue, just our house, but I like our Dr. Suess theme.  It'll be even better if I can pull it off :)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagetmm140:

I have started planning already--I need and want to be ahead of this game :)

No great venue, just our house, but I like our Dr. Suess theme.  It'll be even better if I can pull it off :)

I too am thinking Dr. Seuss. But I would stab my eye out if I was having 80 guests and had to rent a venue. 

• Loading the player...
  • The theme will be 'birthday'. It will be at our house and we will invite family and close friends. No hoopla here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageiamgrace:
    The theme will be 'birthday'. It will be at our house and we will invite family and close friends. No hoopla here.

Ha! I like that theme 

• Yeah. We are thinking about it as well, and really need to decide what type of party we want. We have been to three different types of 1st birthday parties -- one which was really just a gathering of family and friends, no themes or games, just finger foods, conversation and cake; another party that was similar to the previous except there were games for the kids; the final party was at Gymboree, so that was all about the kids.

I am torn as there are pluses and minus for each type of party. The other thing is, DH and I are both extremely anal, so we would really prefer not having a bunch of kids smashing cake in on the carpet! 

• No, and this post gave me anxiety about it. lol.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • LOL.  I started planning DD1's 1st birthday before she was 6 months old...I couldn't help it, I was so excited!  I've started thinking about DD2's birthday but haven't settled on any details yet.  We will probably have it at home and invite about 40 people.  Is there a community clubhouse, family member's house, or restaurant where you could have it?  I live in Florida, and they have tons of indoor play places here, but their birthday party packages are so expensive..  Great locations, but expensive.
  • We just put a deposit down for DS 1st birthday. Our house is too small for a big party and I love party planning so we knew we would have a big party for number one. Years 2-4 will be low key and 5 we will probably have another big party. We take DS to Rolly Pollies which has gym classes for 3 months and up and they have birthday parties also. I know little one has fun at his class so he will enjoying playing at the party also. It's it geared for his age up to 12 so all our relatives kids can play too.
  • The extent I have planned is that it will be Camouflage themed, and small.  DS and DD's birthdays are 5 days apart, so I can't go all out, like I did with DD.  I am kind of glad I have a reason to NOT go all out this time around.  With DD, I was a raging lunatic the day of the party.  I started a fight with my mom (who was hosting the party), and then my great-aunt got hit by a semi driving home from my grandparent's house, and died at the scene.  To say it was bedlam, was an understatement.  

• I'm in denial that this will be happening anytime soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• There's a lodge in a nearby park. We had my first son's birthday there and we're having Weston's there too. It holds a lot of people! 

Braydon 1.23.09
    Weston 3.24.11
    EDD 5.26.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"