1st Trimester
Options

first u/s today at 7w2d..soo happy! gender based on heartbeat? :)

Hi all!! Just wanted to post to let everybody know how HAPPY I am! Went for my first ultrasound, 7w2d, saw the baby and heard the heart beat! Dr. said it was 138-140 beats per min...so everybody knows the old wives tale..what do you think it is? :) Just for fun, what were your experiences?? I'm just so happy, I don't care what "it" is!!!!!! I'm gonna go eat now! :)

Re: first u/s today at 7w2d..soo happy! gender based on heartbeat? :)

• Options

What old wives tale have you heard?

ETA: I was asking what you heard because the tech that did my a/s with DS said everyone has it backwards.  Slower is girl and faster is boy. DS always had a fast heartbeat.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options

Congrats! Heart rate has zero to do with gender, so I have no clue what you're having! :)

https://www.in-gender.com/Gender-Prediction/Fetal-Heart-Rate.aspx

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i heard that ifts a fast HR then that means its a girl..but my sis had that with hers and it was a boy..
  • Options

Every single old wives tale about anything to do with pregnancy was wrong for both my kids.  I was 100% having a girl with my son and 100% having a boy with my little girl.  They're fun to do but for me, they weren't true.

However, the Chinese Gender Chart has been right so far.  I mean, with any old wives tale, it has a 50% chance of being right.

C- November 2007 E- December 2009 K-August 2012
  • Options
  • Options
    Although hardly any are ever true or correct, I heard that if it was 140 or below it was a boy, 140 and above, it's a girl. Heart rate has NOTHING to do with gender or anything for that matter (except whether it's healthy), just doing it for fun. Regardless of what "it" is..I'm excited! I can't even stand it!
  • Options
    Both of my kids were around 150.  One boy, one girl.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

DS was always 170

DD was always 140

So no, the OWT was not true for either kiddo. 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    My DD's was always very high, so it was right for me. :) They are fun to do even if they aren't real!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have B/G twins and their hrs fluctuate between 140-160.  HR has no relation to gender.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have been right three times with the heartbeat prediction. I just got lucky. Higher pulse rates are girls and lower are boys. But there is no evidence it is real. It is just as accurate as the Chinese chart. 50% chance of being right with anything except ultrasound.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    By the old wives tale on heartbeats, I should of had a girl. I actually had a boy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"