2nd Trimester
Options

Peeing every 2 hours at night

I never get a good chunk of sleep in anymore, bc I'm waking up every 2 hours to pee. It feels like my bladder is full with way more urine than comes out. Apparently, there's much less room with baby pushing in there. When does this get better?

Re: Peeing every 2 hours at night

• Options

I had this problem as well. And I was too thirsty to cut back on fluids before bed! However, at about 15 or so weeks when my uterus finally popped out from behind my pubic bone and out of my pelvis, it got a lot better. Now I sleep through the night till about 6am (I get up at 8 or 9) and have a really long pee lol. And I actually get back to sleep!

Hope that helps, and that you get some relief in the next couple weeks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is still the case for me, it gets worse in the third trimester if baby is sitting low...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I feel your pain. I know it sucks :(

Sorry to tell you this, but I've had this issue with every pregnancy and for me it doesn't get better. In fact it just gets worse as the baby gets bigger. 

The first night in the hospital I didn't have to get up to pee once. It was the best sleep I'd gotten in months. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the only time it gets better, is after you have the baby, but then again, you will have to wake up with the baby at night.. At least you won't be getting up to pee!
    My little pumpkin was born at 34weeks, weighing 3lbs, due to severe IUGR & Unexplained Placental Insufficiency. He spent 49 days in the NICU. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ME TOO!  I feel like I have to pee and sometimes only a little comes out, sometimes a lot.  (I don't have a UTI).. It's as though if I roll over and feel the urge, I have to get up and go...
  • Options

imagemrslisawright:
    ME TOO!  I feel like I have to pee and sometimes only a little comes out, sometimes a lot.  (I don't have a UTI).. It's as though if I roll over and feel the urge, I have to get up and go...

Yeah, I don't have a UTI either, but with the urgency I feel, I think I'm gonna pee out like a liter, but it's just a small amount. I'm left wondering how I could have felt like I had a really full bladder!!

• Options
    imageEmmyPumpkin:

I had this problem as well. And I was too thirsty to cut back on fluids before bed! However, at about 15 or so weeks when my uterus finally popped out from behind my pubic bone and out of my pelvis, it got a lot better. Now I sleep through the night till about 6am (I get up at 8 or 9) and have a really long pee lol. And I actually get back to sleep!

Hope that helps, and that you get some relief in the next couple weeks! 

Same here. I make it until about 5 am every morning now :) I also try to stop drinking fluids at bed time too , that helps! 

• Options
    I didn't notice a difference until about 2 weeks ago. I was waking up every two hours to pee, and to readjust because of hip pain. Right now, I can sleep about 6 hours, sometime more without getting up to pee. I am making sure to enjoy this time now, because I'm sure it won't last long!
    A - 4/27/12     D - 7/14/14
  • Options
    I had this issue in my first trimester it lessened as I progressed in my second trimester. Now I'm being more proactive... I'm finding that if I limit my liquid intake a few hours before bed, I can usually sleep through the night or wake up only once. I know that in my third trimester I can expect to wake up frequently again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

A couple things you can try:

1. Limit fluids.  I don't drink anything after 7:30 at night.

2. Lean forward when you think you are done peeing.  This change in position can sometimes help you get more urine out.

3. It probably won't get better.  Sorry.   

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Oooh I don't know if it gets better.  All the pregnancy books, articles, and websites keep saying that in the second trimester you notice a decrease in the number of times you make a trip to the bathroom, and that it increases again in the third trimester. However, I am still getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. I usually get about 6 hours of sleep a night (full time student, wife, and working full time) and I end up waking up once or twice to go.

• Options
    Same here. I thought it was going to get better in the 2nd tri but so far it hasn't. I get so thirsty at night too. ughhh
  • Options
    I'm in the same annoying boat! I was just complaining to my husband that this must be my body's way of helping prepare you for having a baby and getting no good sleep again. I swear I probably wake up at least 4 times a night to pee. I hate it!!
    BabyName Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

OH, I am hating this too....I hate when I get in there and very little urine comes out, but it FEELS like there is more :(  I would love it to get better!!!!

Boo Hiss, ha ha ha

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"