Maine Babies

I want my old body back :(

I'm doing weight watchers but I somehow managed to GAIN 2lbs this week. I am so discouraged. I am still in my maternity clothes and refuse to buy anything until I am back to my goal weight, which was my weight at my wedding 1.5 years ago. I only have 15lbs to lose but it feels like 1000. We are going away in Feb so I feel like I have a deadline. I have all these cute honeymoon dresses and I want to be able to wear them so badly. I will be so crushed if I can't.

I have to work around DH's schedule to get to the gym and soon it will be too cold and dark too early to take DD for walks anymore. I can't bring her to the gym until she is 4 months.

I know DH thinks I'm beautiful and sexy as I am but I am so not happy with my body. I hate having nothing that fits me -- most of my maternity stuff is summer stuff so I have very little and wear the same crummy things all the time. I feel disgusting. :(

Sorry, just needed to vent. I am so insanely jealous of women who are back in their regular clothes like 2 days after giving birth.?

Re: I want my old body back :(

• I remember feeling that way. I tried everything, but the baby weight would not come off until around 5 months pp. Then it became so much easier- I don't know why. I know you have a goal (February), but don't put so much pressure on yourself. You didn't gain all that weight in a month, so it's not likely to come off in a month either.

Now I'm back to my pre-baby weight, but the skin on my stomach is bit saggy from 3 pregnancies. :-( If anyone has a magic cure for that, aside from a tummy tuck, let me know!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hear ya. Today is my 3 year wedding anniversary and at my wedding I weighed 30 lbs less than I do now.  I had a C Section so I haven't been able to work out yet and I also have nothing to wear. I am still wearing stretchy, comfy maternity pants and also refuse to buy anymore clothes.

I just have to hope that it will come off in time. You are not alone.

• Loading the player...
  • I hear you.  I don't have any clothes that fit and I really don't want to buy anything until I'm down to my goal weight...30lbs to go.  We're having our annual holiday party at my parents house in December and I'm already worrying about what to wear.  I'm also going to have to go through their house and remove all of our wedding pictures...adds insult to injury. 
  • I totally hear ya (although I'm not sure I have much of an excuse given that Ben is 4 months today)!  It's very frustrating because by the time dh gets home, either he wants to go to the gym or I'm tired.  I suppose we could take turns, but then we'd never see each other.  :(  I have 1 pair of jeans and a pair of capris and a few tops that I wear.  Quite boring and I feel very frumpy. 

Every night I tell myself that tomorrow will be the day...  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"