Houston Babies
Options

"Older" baby in daycare for 1st time?

Did anyone put their baby in daycare as an older baby instead of at 6 weeks, 3 months, etc?

I was fortunate enough to be able to work from home for 15 months and am now having to find a new job so DS will have to go to daycare.

He already hates going to the gym and church daycare so I am dreading the transition to full time daycare. :(

Any success stories to make me feel better?  DD was in daycare from when she was 6 weeks until Kindergarten but we've moved since then so I can't send DS to the same place.  Finding one I love here that has openings will be hard. 

Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
Collin Thayne 10.11.2010

Re: "Older" baby in daycare for 1st time?

• Options
    Both of my boys started MDO at 19 and 24 months.  They both did fine. Joshua had a harder transition than Gabriel.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I put my DD in daycare at 15 months, it was hard.  The first day she had no idea what we were doing when we dropped her off.  The second day and the next month she would scream, then she would cry, then she would fuss, and finally right at a month she was fine when we dropped her off.  When we would pick her up from daycare she would be fine and the minute she saw one of us, she would scream.  Finally 2 1/2 months into this, she has not cried when we pick her up.  I felt horrible that I did this to her, she got the nasty daycare crud, brought home the stomach bug and still has a runny nose, not as bad as it has been, but it still is runny. I know we needed to put her in daycare and she needed it for interactions.  She had never been around other kids her age until daycare. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Mine started at 9mo and 10mo. Even though DS is more outgoing than DD, it was a rougher transition for him. They both started at 3 days a week because that was my schedule, but going p/t probably made it harder on them. Consistent routine is easier for them.

Oh, and DD did fine at daycare even while she HATED church nursery. And it wasn't because she hated the church nursery lady, the poor lady ended up holding DD the entire time, every time. I think church nursery was harder because there was always a different group of kids, there was a much wider age range in the room and all the older kids made her feel overwhelmed (they would combine infant to 3yo if there weren't too many kids), and because it was just once a week so it didn't feel like her routine.

The former jen5/03.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"