North Carolina Babies
Options

Has anyone ever had a joint bday party for LO?

Our good friend whose daughter is Jocelyn's preschool BFF has a bday a few days before Jocelyn's asked if we wanted to have a joint party. They go to school together and will be inviting the same friends. We want to have it at the same place, and both girls are turning 3.

How would you do the cake and invites? I also have several other friends I want to invite, and she only has 2 other friends, so I offered to pay 60% and she can pay 40%. WDYT? Is it weird to have it for both girls if some people invited won't know us at all and vice versa? I think it would be fun and a great way to share the expense!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Has anyone ever had a joint bday party for LO?

• Options

Crescentmoon and I did this for N and L's 2nd birthday party.  I think it went really well.  We used evite to send out the invites and then just made the invitation for both of them.  We listed that no gifts were necessary (although people still brought gifts) so that those who didn't know N for instance didn't feel they need to bring a gift for her too.  We split the cost (although now that I think about it we never finished evening out our costs afterwards).  Check my May 2011 photo folder on FB -- there are photos from the party.  We had two separate cakes so they both could blow out their own candles.  It worked out great especially since most of the people I invited were also people R was inviting.

Edit:  Actually it's "Natalie's 2nd birthday" folder on FB.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, I was thinking of doing a separate cake and then sending a separate evite to the people that are not joint friends and noting it is a joint party, no present necessary. Jocelyn loves this other little girl so I know it would go well!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daughter is a year younger than two other girls and between the three of them we have three birthdays within 18 days...given the way weekends fall, sometimes that could put us in conflict with each other and we're all part of the same friend-group. We had a joint birthday party for our friends on sunny spring day at our place and invited everyone as a "come by, have a burger & a cup cake and hang out" since none of us were fishing for presents. The invites were done via FB, we supplied the sodas/juice/tea, meat & cupcakes and had the other parents bring sides. The invitees were told to bring beer if they wanted adult beverages and that covered just about everything we needed. All three girls in question had grandparents that were a bit overzealous with presenting, so the party was really an excuse to get together.
    Rae Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Two girls in Ashley's preschool class had a joint party back in October. It worked out really well (one of the mom's is one of my best friends). I think they only invited the preschool class (15 kids total) and had it a local park right after preschool (it was on a Monday at 12pm). They split making the food (sandwiches, fruit, chips, cupcakes) and put on the invite "no gifts" but a lot of people brought gifts anyway. I think if you want to invite kids that aren't in the class, I would just send them a separate invite. Or just do a preschool party (low key) and do something separate for family, if you want. Good luck!
  • Options

Thanks ladies. After some emails back and forth we got it figured out! So excited about it!

• Options
    I saw your convos on Facebook about this and think thats such a smart idea if you both will be inviting a lot of the same people. it will help cut down on the costs for both of you and make it easier to book the date too!! And i'm sure Jocelyn will have a blast sharing her party with her school buddy.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"