Maryland Babies
Options

Great Beginnings baby store

Is it worth the drive? (coming from NW Baltimore county)

I'm contemplating driving there just to get a feel but I'm also hoping we'll see furniture that we like.

Mama to Baby K. born @25wks due to pProm/PTL. Forever in Our Hearts. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Great Beginnings baby store

• Options

Definitely!! Even if you just go to see the mini toilet in the ladies room. :)

It's a great place to try out strollers, carseats and everything else - tons of stuff out to try and an incredibly knowledgeable staff. Buy Buy Baby isn't far from there either while you're in that neck of the woods. 

lovelylittleworld
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • Options
    Ahh excellent! BBB was a definite, wasn't so sure about GB. Thanks!
     Mama to Baby K. born @25wks due to pProm/PTL. Forever in Our Hearts. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There is a lot of great furniture there - but be warned that a lot of it is pricey. The cribs I fell in love with there were $1100 and $1500. They do have a great selection of strollers to try out, as PP said. I didn't look at carseats since we already had one though.

• Options
    I fell in love with the natart collection. The crib = $1200, dresser = $1500, husband = not too amused.
  • Options
    Where is the store located?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageKGF0413:

Gaithersburg.

18501 N Frederick Ave  

Gaithersburg, MD 20879

• Options
    image2have2hold:

imageKGF0413:

Gaithersburg.

18501 N Frederick Ave  

Gaithersburg, MD 20879

Thanks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Back when I bought DD's crib mattress there they accepted competitors coupons, including Bed, Bath and Beyond- just a head's up. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imagedaisyterp:
    Back when I bought DD's crib mattress there they accepted competitors coupons, including Bed, Bath and Beyond- just a head's up. 

As far as I know, BBB accepts unexpired  BB&B coupons - but I don't think GB does. I could be wrong, though. 

lovelylittleworld
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • Options
    Great Beginnings is awesome, you won't be disappointed if you make the trip. They have a 20% off coupon that they email out monthly. I think you have to email their marketing director to get it and you can get his email from their FB page.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We went to GB to check out car seats and strollers. It was awesome. They have a ton and the sales people are really knowledgeable. We got a little demo comparing the Chicco Keyfit and Graco Snugride that really helped us out a lot. We didn't buy anything there though.

And yes, the bathrooms are cute with the mini toilet Smile

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options

We just went on Saturday,  it was AWESOME.  We got our crib for half off (floor model) and picked up our car seat and bedding.  We tested out all the strollers and carriers, etc.  it was great.  The sales people are almost scary knowledgeable about their specialized area.  It was definitely worth the trip, H thinks we need to go back haha! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemrsbecky07:

We just went on Saturday,  it was AWESOME.  We got our crib for half off (floor model) and picked up our car seat and bedding.  We tested out all the strollers and carriers, etc.  it was great.  The sales people are almost scary knowledgeable about their specialized area.  It was definitely worth the trip, H thinks we need to go back haha! 

We were there Saturday too! I think we got there at around 3 and managed to stay for quite some time. I loved how helpful the associates were, but ut was just sooo..much.I needed to chill in the "over sensory" section a couple of times. hehe.

But I'll definitely be going back...not sure if I'll take the husband, but I'll definitely go back Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"