Attachment Parenting
Options

How do you dress your newborn when bedsharing

We live in a cold climent, PA, and have the temp around 69.  It gets way too hot if we put it above that.  Since bedsharing with DS2, I put him in a cotton onesie and then use a cotton swaddler to wrap him but with his hands free.  I put a hat on, but it frequently falls off.  I worry that he is still cold because I feel a little cold.  I have a cotton long sleeve and then wear another cotton cardigan.  I only use a blanket up to my waist.  I have flannel swaddlers and pj's, but they seem too warm.  What do you use?  
Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: How do you dress your newborn when bedsharing

• Options

DD runs warm and when she was teeny tiny she always slept in the hook of my arm, I never swaddled, she hated it from day one! I would dress her in pjs and that was it.

hth!

Teagan-11/22/10
    Scarlett Madison-12-18-2014
    Baby # 3 Due 06/02/16

Furchildren include
    Kali 12/20/10-Husky-Has Addison's Disease.
    Doxie 10/04/11-Dachsund
    Tadley 11/12-Cat Ruler of the house.
  • Options
    Footed PJs.  
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just regular footed jammies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD was  newborn in July and we had the a/c running - I kept her in footed jammies.  When she was bitty baby and swaddled (hands in) I kept her in a light t-shirt and diaper.  Because we were up so frequently at night and because we were changing diapers anyway I could always add footed pants if necessary.  HTH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cotton isn't the best fabric for regulating temperature.  baby would probably be more comfortable in wool.
  • Options
    I just put her in a onsie. We turned the heat up pretty high at night those first few months. I just didn't use a blanket for myself and we were all plenty warm.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"