February 2012 Moms

Baths after lost mucous plug?

So, yes, this is something I can google...and I did...but I found no good answer.  There were several sites that said it was okay and several that said it isn't okay. 

I have an apt. tomorrow, and I already called the office once today...so I don't want to call again.  But...I really want to take a bath today!!!  It's been a really long day, and baths make my soreness go away a bit.  Also, I think I only lost part of my MP.

WWYD?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baths after lost mucous plug?

• As far as I know, baths are fine until your water breaks. I'd take one.

• Have your SO clean the tub out really well since you prob shouldn't breathe in the fumes from the chemicals. You just want to make sure you cut the risk of bacteria getting up there since the mucus plug was your defense against bacteria in your cervix--- that is what my cousin, who is a nurse, told me when I asked her how long I could stay home when my labor starts and if I could use a bath to ease the pain.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would take one, baths are okay until your water breaks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd have to say that taking a bath is okay at this point.  Your vagina is not a sponge or a straw- it's not going to suck up anything!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would think it is ok... women give birth in tubs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My doctors will even let me get in a bath (water only, of course) after my water breaks, as long as the tub is clean.  I'd do it!!
    July '15 January Siggy - snow fails
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Your mucous plug can actually replenish itself so I think you're okay, especially since you only lost part of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"