Trying to Get Pregnant

Annoyed with my parents (NBR)

Re: Annoyed with my parents (NBR)

• imageChancieMark:

Also, I stopped getting Valentines gifts from my parents when I was 7 years old.

Um, yea. I seriously cannot even imagine someone's life who expects a trip to like that for VALENTINES DAY.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • imageChancieMark:
    imagebaby4us12:
    imageChancieMark:

imagebaby4us12:
    I'm not embarrassed for our friends to know that my parents were sending us on that trip. Most of my friends also have support from their parents and help from them. I'm not sure where everyone is from but in our area its pretty common for parents to financially help out their children. Its not like I'm 30 years old and expecting my parents to still pay for things for me. I actually don't ask them for anything. The Valentine's gift is a yearly thing that they've always done. If they wanted to stop they could just have told me that from the beginning. Most of my friends get a lot more from their parents than I do, so I do not feel that I'm selfish at all.

You and your friends sound like entitled twats.

And you sound jealous...

Jealous that I can't be an ungrateful little brat?

I have a great life that's not measured by presents, trips or how much money I have to spend, thankyouverymuch.

From the way things sound, you wouldn't have much to measure.
  • Loading the player...
  • Please tell me this is MUD.

Please tell me that a real person wouldn't complain about something like this.

OP (if this isn't MUD)...you are an unappreciative, selfish, spoiled rotten brat.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• You are an ungrateful little wench.

You want to go to Jamaica so bad then you pay for it. You are an adult.

ETA: As the girls on Married Life would say "My diamond shoes are too tight! Wah!"

Follow Me on Pinterest

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imageMrsMDem:
    imagebaby4us12:
    imageChancieMark:

imagebaby4us12:
    I'm not embarrassed for our friends to know that my parents were sending us on that trip. Most of my friends also have support from their parents and help from them. I'm not sure where everyone is from but in our area its pretty common for parents to financially help out their children. Its not like I'm 30 years old and expecting my parents to still pay for things for me. I actually don't ask them for anything. The Valentine's gift is a yearly thing that they've always done. If they wanted to stop they could just have told me that from the beginning. Most of my friends get a lot more from their parents than I do, so I do not feel that I'm selfish at all.

You and your friends sound like entitled twats.

And you sound jealous...

Ha. Yes, I am sure Chancie is jealous. Don't we all wish we could be worthless and have our parents support us our whole adult lives?? And then cry about it when they cut you off? Very mature

ETA: Clarity

I'm not worthless and my parents do not support us. DH and I work to support ourselves.
  • All of this just made my day at work.  Reading the previous posts as well.  I don't know how this can be real.

Paying for vacations and then crying it's not the trip you wanted.  This is beyond me, I'll go in your place!! We have been married for over three years and have still not had a honeymoon because we couln't afford it and now we are military facing yet another deployment and cant plan a trip for fear it won't get refunded when his orders change, yet again.  And here you are complaing about 11 free days with your DH.  We should have such problems! I bet your parents pay all your bills too.  You sound like a gem.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG! Wow! This is just wrong on so many levels...

My Age - 41, DH's Age - 42

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Endometriosis, Stenosis of the Cervix, Uterine Polyp, Hostile CM and Borderline PCOS
    Stage 1 Endo and Uterine Polyp removed and Cervix widened on July 9, 2012.
    IUI #1 Clomid 50 mg - 3/6/13 BFN
    IUI #2 Clomid 50 mg - 4/3/13 BFN
    IUI #3 Clomid 50 mg - 10/4/13 BFN
    IUI #4 Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger - 11/2/13 BFN
    Cycle #28 - Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger + TI (IUI #5 cancelled) - 2/5/14 BFN
    IUI #5 Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger - 3/5/14 BFN

• imagevxs0038:

You are an ungrateful little wench.

Bottom line no need to be rude just because you are jealous that I have more than you ever will.
  • imagebaby4us12:
    I'm not sure why people here are so rude. I am not immature, I'm just upset and reasonably so. I know that my parents can afford the trip for us, they just don't want to pay for it. We could pay for it ourselves but that isn't the point. They promised me this trip months ago and are now backing out on paying for it. It's my Valentine's gift so I should be able to pick what I want and not some second hand substitue. This is embarassing and upsetting for me, now when our friends ask about the trip we will have to tell them that we are no longer going and they'll probably think we were making the whole thing up. I just hate being lied to and that is just what they have done.

No, not reasonably so IMO. No sympathy for you on this one, baby.

My Age - 41, DH's Age - 42

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Endometriosis, Stenosis of the Cervix, Uterine Polyp, Hostile CM and Borderline PCOS
    Stage 1 Endo and Uterine Polyp removed and Cervix widened on July 9, 2012.
    IUI #1 Clomid 50 mg - 3/6/13 BFN
    IUI #2 Clomid 50 mg - 4/3/13 BFN
    IUI #3 Clomid 50 mg - 10/4/13 BFN
    IUI #4 Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger - 11/2/13 BFN
    Cycle #28 - Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger + TI (IUI #5 cancelled) - 2/5/14 BFN
    IUI #5 Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger - 3/5/14 BFN

• imagebaby4us12:
    I'm not worthless and my parents do not support us. DH and I work to support ourselves.

If my memory serves, you work 10 hours a week and were considering quitting? 

I'm not sure what the problem is.  If you have your heart set on going to Jamaica, and can afford to pay for the the trip yourself, then go.  And since your parents are such a disappointment to you, maybe you should not let them support you anymore.  That'll show them.

Me 41  DH 33  Married 09/03/2011
    DD1  EDD 08/18/01, born 08/03/2001 ~ 9lbs 10oz, 21.5 in
    DS1  EDD 4/30/2004, born 05/04/2004 ~ 10lbs, 22 in
    mc 02/14/12 @ 5 weeks
    DD2  EDD 12/25/12, born 12/30/12 ~ 10lbs 11oz, 21.25 in
    mc 12/05/15 @ 12 weeks
    Cautiously expecting 12/02/16

• imagebaby4us12:
    imagevxs0038:

Bottom line no need to be rude just because you are jealous that I have more than you ever will.

Really sweetheart? You don't know me at all. I have plenty. I won't go into details of my financials here because I have this thing called modesty and my parents taught me not to brag and to be appreciative of what I have.

Except I have a 1 up on you. I pay for my own shiit.

Follow Me on Pinterest

• imagebaby4us12:
    imagevxs0038:

Well, your parents might have more. YOU don't seem to have much of anything. Not much to be jealous of, as far as I see it.

• imagebaby4us12:
    imagevxs0038:

Ew. Not only are you spoiled and ungrateful, you are nasty.

I PRAY that my children never ever act like this.

• Bahahahaha...MUD

No one can possibly be this selfish/entitled/obnoxious

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Wow...OP is a real peach if this is for real...
  • imageGhostMonkey:

imagebaby4us12:
    I'm not sure why people here are so rude. I am not immature, I'm just upset and reasonably so. Wrong. Your response is quite unreasonable. I know that my parents can afford the trip for us, they just don't want to pay for it. Maybe because you are an ungrateful brat? Just a thought. We could pay for it ourselves but that isn't the point. They promised me this trip months ago and are now backing out on paying for it. It's my Valentine's gift so I should be able to pick what I want and not some second hand substitue. You never, ever get to dictate what someone gives you as a gift. This is embarassing and upsetting for me, now when our friends ask about the trip we will have to tell them that we are no longer going and they'll probably think we were making the whole thing up. Do they know mommy and daddy pay for the trip and foot your bills as well? I just hate being lied to and that is just what they have done.They changed their mind. Maybe they realized it was time for you to grow up and they should use that money on themselves instead of their irresponsible child.

This completely! Also I highly doubt any of us are jealous of you. Most of us don't share how much we make and our finances because guess what...it's tacky. My parents have definitely spoiled me over the years but I have never once cried about not getting something. Pay for the trip yourselves and your friends will never know.

But PS...I've been to Jamaica twice and it's really not worth all the tears and insane comments you are making. It's nice but not any nicer than other beaches out there. 

You are definitely cray cray and I hope you don't conceive a child until you wise up and grow up. Instead of being a snot, try doing something nice for someone else for a change. 

• imagebaby4us12:
    imagevxs0038:

whoa whoa whoa. I wasn't going to touch this thread because for one, I was pretty speechless and had no words.. but seriously B4U?? Believe me, people aren't being rude because of the amount of money you have, or the amount of money they have.. and you have no idea how much money a single one of us on the board have... oh and by the way, it sounds like it is your parent's money, not yours.

by the way, the valentines gifts I get from my parents.. a box of chocolates.. and I am extremely grateful for that, because really it isn't that much of a gift giving holiday. DH and I only get each other cards. Take your pity party elsewhere!

• Hi Sweetie, it's your mom. I'm so sorry about the trip, dear. Your dad and I spent a great deal of time discussing it, and we think you should definitely get the trip you originally wanted! Surprise! Have fun in Jamaica, honey. Is everything ok again? OK good. Now run along.

• imagebaby4us12:
    imagevxs0038:

I never respond to threads like this, but OP you need to grow up. You are blessed to have parents that are able to give you & your DH trips. This is something that you should be grateful for, not feel like you are entitled to receive. I think you should spend some of your free time working with people who are less fortunate than you so you can realize how lucky you are.

Also, I'll be honest, if having what you have would make me act the way that you do, then I thank God that I don't have what you do! 

TTC #1 since 8/2011
    Dx: Endometriosis(2000) & Uterine Fibroids
    Sept 2012-March 2013: TTA for surgery & recovery; surgery removed: neuroendocrine tumor & 30% of pancreas, 
    endo on diaphragm & in abdomen, & uterine septum
    April 2013: 5mg Femera - IUI cancelled
    May 2013: Cycle cancelled; CD3 estradiol levels too high
    June 2013: Cycle cancelled; umbilical hernia found; surgery to repair
    July 2013: IUI #1.2 - 5mg Femera + trigger = BFN
    Aug 2013: IUI #2 - 5mg Femera + trigger = BFN
    Nov 2013: surgery to remove 8cm fibroid from uterus & clean up endo
    March 2014: IVF #1 - Gonal F & Menopur; retrieved 12 eggs; 6 fertilized; 0 made it to blast
    moving on to DE
    July 2014: FET #1 w/ DE; cancelled due to clots in uterus; hysteroscopy to remove fibroid.
    Hopefully beginning FET #1.2 in late August/early Sept.

• imagebaby4us12:
    imagevxs0038:

Please crawl back into the hole you came from. No one cares.

• funny gifs

Baby #2 on the way! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is actually a good lesson for all of us new parents/trying to be parents.  Don't spoil your children...as much as you might want to give them all you can, this chick is a screaming example of why you shouldn't.

However, OP just because your parents gave you everything you've ever wanted doesn't mean you cannot act like the adult you supposedly are and be grateful for your good fortune, rather than rubbing it in other's faces that you have so much more just because we're trying to give you a reality check.

I feel bad for you OP, knowing you can stand on your own two feet and not expect things (big or small) from others is a much better gift than any tropical vacation.    

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• imagebaby4us12:
    imagevxs0038:

How do you know how much money every TTGPer has??? Don't worry. No one is jealous of you.

party-fails-crunk-critters-catnips-a-hell-of-a-drug GBCB- Leaving the bump in protest of the new changes. No privacy= no bump for me.
  • imagesweetgoose:
    imagebaby4us12:
    imagevxs0038:

I never respond to threads like this, but OP you need to grow up. You are blessed to have parents that are able to give you & your DH trips. This is something that you should be grateful for, not feel like you are entitled to receive. I think you should spend some of your free time working with people who are less fortunate than you so you can realize how lucky you are.

Also, I'll be honest, if having what you have would make me act the way that you do, then I thank God that I don't have what you do! 

All of this!!

Me: 43 DH: 39 - AMA, DOR
    Mommy to Sami (IVF), Born 8.30.13
    Surprise non-assisted BFP - 12.29.2014, Beta 1 = 322, Beta 2 = 760
    EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I can totally relate, OP!  I HATE when my parents don't give me EXACTLY what I want!   It sounds like your parents are mean and never give you what you want!  You should never speak to them again, until they give you what you want!

I want the world. I want the whole world. I want to lock it all up in my pocket. It's my bar of chocolate. GIVE IT TO ME!
  • imagealygoo615:

I didn't even read the second paragraph but WTF. You sound like an ungrateful snot.

ETA: I read the second part and you sound even more ungrateful. A Valentine's Day Gift? From your parents? Seriously? All the trips? Ugh- and now that I see how pissed off I got from reading a bump post- it's time to step away from the computer.

Yes

Emilia Antoinette
    10.03.12 at 41w5d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemchupie:

Bahahahaha...MUD

Oh contraire...I don't believe we've met.  

I want the world. I want the whole world. I want to lock it all up in my pocket. It's my bar of chocolate. GIVE IT TO ME!
  • imageSchruteBucks:

imagebaby4us12:

If my memory serves, you work 10 hours a week and were considering quitting? 

I'm not sure what the problem is.  If you have your heart set on going to Jamaica, and can afford to pay for the the trip yourself, then go.  And since your parents are such a disappointment to you, maybe you should not let them support you anymore.  That'll show them.

This post is freaking full of awesomenesssss. Bahahahah!

Emilia Antoinette
    10.03.12 at 41w5d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebaby4us12:
    imagevxs0038:

You are so right!  People are always totally jealous of me too!   

• Put on your big girl panties and pay for the trip yourself.  You sound like a spoiled rotten child.
  • I have a hard time believing this is real.
  • FFS who cries themselves to sleep over something like this? Grow the F up OP you sound so pathetic.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Falling in Love!  November 2014
  • I don't know what you all are complaining about.  My parents send me a Valentine's gift every year too.  

Valentine themed pj pants.  Oh, and a card.  We're high rollers over here!   

OP, get over yourself.  You are spoiled.  There are no two ways to look at that.  Be happy they want to send you to the beach anywhere. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebaby4us12:
    I'm not sure why people here are so rude. I am not immature, I'm just upset and reasonably so. I know that my parents can afford the trip for us, they just don't want to pay for it. We could pay for it ourselves but that isn't the point. They promised me this trip months ago and are now backing out on paying for it. It's my Valentine's gift so I should be able to pick what I want and not some second hand substitue. This is embarassing and upsetting for me, now when our friends ask about the trip we will have to tell them that we are no longer going and they'll probably think we were making the whole thing up. I just hate being lied to and that is just what they have done.

Which is totally opposite of what all of us think on here. Happy Valentine's Day, 36 days early!!!!
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • imagecruelsound:
    Next year, I'd ask for a car if I were you. They owe you big time for missing this year's gift. I mean, who doesn't get their kid what they want for Valentine's Day?

Hahahaha I like this.

BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemchupie:

Bahahahaha...MUD

This plus everything GM said.

Also, Chupie, I love your new siggy pics! 

• Please tell me this is 100% fake MUD.

I traditionally got a small teddy bear and a peanut butter heart from my dad for Valentine's Day until I was about 21.

What are you, a character on Gossip Girl?

TTC since Aug 2011. BFP #1 on 10/28/2011 EDD of 07/02/2012 Natural MC on 11/22/2012  BFP #2 on 10/28/2012  EDD of 7/13/13  Judah Ari born on 7/11/13.

I love my rainbow baby!

• I know this may be hard for you to believe OP, but I purchase Valentine's day presents for my parents. Grow up and stop being such a selfish person. 
  • imagebaby4us12:
    imagevxs0038:

I'm sorry but you do not have more than us. If anything your parent's have more and have finally realized a selfish brat like yourself doesn't deserve to have life handed to you on a platter. You remind me of those girls on Sweet Sixteen who cry over not getting a Bentley for their 16th birthday...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"