North Carolina Babies
Options

Inviting just one kid from daycare to bday party?

I'm not really sure how to go about this.  There's one boy at Eli's daycare that he gets along well with and I'd like to invite him to Eli's bday party in a couple of weeks.  But I don't know his parents outside of daycare.  The other boy invited the entire class to his party last weekend, but Eli was the only one that went.  We've been invited to a few parties over the years, but considering there are 14 kids in his class, getting invited to 3 suggests it's not the norm to do so. 

I'm afraid at this age the other kids will find out and might get their feelings hurt.  Eli has made out of class friends at daycare before, but we are also friends with his parents, so it wasn't so tricky.  I already kindof feel bad that Eli's probably talking to his class about his party and none of them have been invited, although I'm sure other kids have done the same.

WWYD?  Just leave the invite in his cubby and maybe mention to the teacher that he was the only one invited?  Ask for his parents number so I can just call them?  I told DH that he should have invited him when they were there Saturday (I didn't go), but we didn't think about it. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Inviting just one kid from daycare to bday party?

• Options
    I wouldn't stress about this at all.  You are paying for the party, you invite who you want to.  It's life.

Example - we are planning C's 3rd.  With family & really close friends we already had 40 families, so we have to be cautious about her preschool friends.  Only ended up inviting  about 15% of those in her class.  Her good friends only.

I would leave the invite in the cubby and feel ok about it!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options

imageunc00ref:
    I wouldn't stress about this at all.  You are paying for the party, you invite who you want to.  It's life.

Example - we are planning C's 3rd.  With family & really close friends we already had 40 families, so we have to be cautious about her preschool friends.  Only ended up inviting  about 15% of those in her class.  Her good friends only.

I would leave the invite in the cubby and feel ok about it!

Thanks!  I'm sure this happens at Eli's daycare too and we're not even aware of it.  For all I know when Eli gets an invite, the entire class wasn't invited.  And I'm sure he's been left of out some too.  I'm just too soft :)

But I know what you mean about things being big just inviting close friends and family, ours are that way too.  Last year we split Eli's up and it made things much easier.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"