June 2011 Moms

What room temp for sick/getting sick baby?

I know you're normally supposed to keep the nursery between 65-73 degrees.  If the baby is getting sick or is sick, should the room be on the cooler or warmer side?  We went to a playgroup on Friday and every kid had huge rivers of snot coming out of their nose and coughing with wide open mouths.  I know LOs getting sick is inevitable, but if your LO is sick, keep them home.  Don't go out for your own selfish reasons.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What room temp for sick/getting sick baby?

• Oh wow I had not realized it should be that cold.  DS dr. said to have it 72-77.  I do know though when DS got sick once and the Dr. just said keep it at the regular temp, and just ensure we made sure to check and make sure he was not cold or hot.  It was just a lot of checking on him.

And really who goes to a playgroud with sick kids!  Wow, I would have been ticked.

**February 20th, 2010 I Married My Best Friend and June 5th, 2011 My Soulmate Was Born** image Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimageimage
  • imageMrsPBNJ0220:

Oh wow I had not realized it should be that cold.  DS dr. said to have it 72-77.  I do know though when DS got sick once and the Dr. just said keep it at the regular temp, and just ensure we made sure to check and make sure he was not cold or hot.  It was just a lot of checking on him.

And really who goes to a playgroud with sick kids!  Wow, I would have been ticked.

I had read that in a few different books and on a few sites.  Although we have the thermostat set to 64, B's room is the only one that has regular height ceilings and his room gets a lot hotter.  Our house is small, but every other room has cathedral ceilings.  While the rest of the house is cold, his room gets so hot.  When I open his door to check on him, it's like a blast of heat!  I have to keep the stat on 60 to get his room no hotter than 70.

Apparently EVERYONE!  I was really pissed the minute I walked in.  It was at another mom's house from my Mommy & Me and it was the first playgroup of theirs that I went to.  The huge boogers that were hanging out of some of the kid's noses had me secretly gagging! One kid walked by and started hacking up a lung, I actually covered B's nose and mouth with my hand and quickly moved somewhere else!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure about getting sick, but when Lil was really really sick, the doctor said just to make sure that the room nice and humid. She also said to not jack up the heat because when you are struggling to breathe, humid room temp air is fine, but warm and humid is hard to breathe. 

Good luck! I hope that you all escape illness.  

• imageDani0701:
    imageMrsPBNJ0220:

Oh wow I had not realized it should be that cold.  DS dr. said to have it 72-77.  I do know though when DS got sick once and the Dr. just said keep it at the regular temp, and just ensure we made sure to check and make sure he was not cold or hot.  It was just a lot of checking on him.

I had read that in a few different books and on a few sites.  Although we have the thermostat set to 64, B's room is the only one that has regular height ceilings and his room gets a lot hotter.  Our house is small, but every other room has cathedral ceilings.  While the rest of the house is cold, his room gets so hot.  When I open his door to check on him, it's like a blast of heat!  I have to keep the stat on 60 to get his room no hotter than 70.

Apparently EVERYONE!  I was really pissed the minute I walked in.  It was at another mom's house from my Mommy & Me and it was the first playgroup of theirs that I went to.  The huge boogers that were hanging out of some of the kid's noses had me secretly gagging! One kid walked by and started hacking up a lung, I actually covered B's nose and mouth with my hand and quickly moved somewhere else!

You answered one of my questions.  I was going to ask why on earth you have it at 64, but granted I live in Florida so I am used to it being hot, and then wow what a temp difference from one room to the other.  You have got to be cold, LOL!

As for the other, I was not even at the playgroup and I was gagging.  Ummmmm Yeah, that is so Nasty!!!  Shame on the mom's.  I hope that I never become one of those mom's! :(

**February 20th, 2010 I Married My Best Friend and June 5th, 2011 My Soulmate Was Born** image Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"