June 2011 Moms

Driving Question NBR

When both you and YH go out, who drives? Does it make a difference whose car you take? In other words do you drive when you take your car and vice versa or does one of you always drive no matter which car? Growing up my dad always drove no matter which car but with us, I drive when we take mine and MH drives when we take his.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Driving Question NBR

• Most of the time I drive.  And we are always in my vehicle (neither one of us like his).  I think part of the thing is DH spends the majority of his shift behind the wheel so he needs that break.  Although...my driving can be pretty scary!  However, if I have a few drinks, it is definitely DH's turn to drive.
  • We only have one vehicle right now. When we had 2, whoever's car we had was the one who drove.

If we have D, whoever doesn't carry him out drives, because his car seat is on the passenger side.

Otherwise, it's usually whoever had the van last, because the seat's already set up for that person.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

And Then There Were Three...
    Married: 08/14/10
    Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
    June Moms Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • DH drives his car and I drive mine. Usually.
  • 99% of the time we take my car when we go out and DH always drives. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is only allowed in my car since I dont think DH's car is safe enough, needs work (I wont even drive it)

When we go out, we take turns, but I mostly drive, espescially for long trips. If DH is driving, I turn into the WORST backseat driver! lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    No one else will ever know the strength of my LOVE for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside <3 <br> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married to the Milk Man
  • I make DH drive because I can't stand the back seat driving. Plus, I get to play with my phone. If he drinks I'm the designated driver. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Dh usually drives because he hates my driving!
  • DH always drives no matter whose car we take.  He hates to just sit there, so he would rather drive.  I also don't really care to drive.  It's a win-win for us.
  • He use to always drive no matter what car. In the last few years I have been the one getting in the driver side because it's less stressful for me. He like to go the wrong way, take the long way, forget where he is going, get lost, etc. I perfer him to drive if I know we can get there without stressing me out, haha! If we are going somewhere new, I am driving. We usually take my car because he has a pickup. We take his car when necessary.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We always take my car, b/c the carseat base is in mine (our 2nd base is in my Mom's car). DH drives, mostly b/c he's a horrible backseat driver ("go around this guy...why are you in this lane...why are you driving so slow"). It makes me crazy. His driving makes me crazy also...he's too aggressive, but I just play on my phone or play with LO and ignore it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • DH usually drives, no matter which vehicle we take. I just don't really like driving.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • I usually drive, no matter which car, because I can't stand the way my DH drives. He drives way too slow and doesn't get mad at other drivers when he should (i.e. when they almost kill us).
  • Most of the time, DH drives.  Up until we bought new cars last weekend, when we were together, we always took his car.  Now that we've switched types of cars, we plan to take mine instead of his when we are together.  If DH has had anything to drink, I drive home.
    TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • DH usually drives whenever we are together, but he works away lots so I prefer he drives so I get a break.
  • DH drives no matter which car we take.  I used to drive my car, but after he kept making comments about my driving, I'd had enough.
    BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
    BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
    BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
    BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!
  • My H drives all the time because he drives a subaru station wagon type thing, which is standard and I hate driving standard. And when we take my truck, he likes to drive because it's new, big and manly. 

mybeautyking 06.07.11
  • My husband always drives whether it's my car or his unless he's super tired for some reason.  Like he had a late night at work and we have a really early pediatrician appointment or something like that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Typically, DH drives unless I'm just feeling nice. lol. Honestly, I don't love driving and he doesn't care. So he usually drives. Plus, he is more patient than I am, so its probably for the best.
  • DH always drives when we go out. He is so tall that he is really uncomfortable in the passenger seats. 
  • DH always drives. Well unless he has worked all day and wants to sit in the back with DS. :) He is much better at keeping calm. I tend to panic when there is traffic. (I had a bad wreck on the interstate a couple years ago). In downtowns, I usually drive. 
    DSC_0213 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Around town we drive my car 99% of the time and MH drives 75% of the time.  If he drinks though I always drive home.

If we're on a long trip to visit family then I drive more than him.  I can't do a long time in the car if I'm the passenger.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • h usually drives both cars.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"