South Carolina Babies

New to Charleston, 7 weeks prego, Insurance hasn't kicked in yet, Need OBGYN

Hello!  I just moved here a couple of months ago and found out I am pregnant just after starting a new job.  My insurance doesn't kick in until mid February.  I am hoping to find an OBGYN and schedule my first appointment.  Hopefully one that would work with me financially since I will have to pay for this visit out of pocket. 

Does anyone have any recommendations?  

Re: New to Charleston, 7 weeks prego, Insurance hasn't kicked in yet, Need OBGYN

• If I was in your situation I'd probably just go to Planned Parenthood for a first appointment. They always offer a ton of low cost services for women. At 7 weeks an OB won't do much beyond confirm pregnancy and put you on prenatals and I'm sure they'd do that for you. It'd definitely do in a pinch until you can see an OB of your choice when your insurance kicks in.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • imagepacsunqtaz:
    If I was in your situation I'd probably just go to Planned Parenthood for a first appointment. They always offer a ton of low cost services for women. At 7 weeks an OB won't do much beyond confirm pregnancy and put you on prenatals and I'm sure they'd do that for you. It'd definitely do in a pinch until you can see an OB of your choice when your insurance kicks in.

This sounds like good advice! They might even be able to help you find an OB/GYN that will accept your insurance when it kicks in, or steer you in the right direction. Certainly worth a visit!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I go to the Charleston Birth Place in North Charleston and they are fantastic.  They require a tour before you sign up for your first appointment, and could likely schedule you around you new insurance.  They book up quick so if you want to check them out I'd call to book the tour soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies!!  It's been a little overwhelming being my first pregnancy and just having moved away from all my friends and family.  I appreciate the advice.
  • I agree with the PP about going to Planned Parenthood right now. I used to go to them for my birth control, and they are great here in Charleston.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"