Trouble TTC

IVF ladies- how many days of stims?

This has probably been asked a lot, but I'm curious how many days everyone stimmed before ER. I'm still pretty far away, but I'm a planner. I'm trying to keep this underwraps with work, but I have a feeling that both my ER and ET will fall on work days. I may end up having to tell my boss, which wouldn't be horrible, but I haven't even told my siblings!
TTC since 04/2010
Ovarian cancer survivor
DH= low motility
2/9/11 lap & hysteroscopy- uterine polyp & scar tissue removed
3/25/11 IUI#1= BFP m/c; D&C at 7w3d (Trisomy 16)
IUIs #2, #3, #4 and #5= BFNs
Onto IVF #1= BFN
FET 4/6/12= 2 extended blasts transferred, with one hatching
Beta 1= 607; Beta 2= 1,564; Beta 3= 24,439; Beta 4= over 64,000
First u/s on 5/10= TWINS! Heartbeats 158 and 160!
It's a boy and a girl!
Pregnancy Ticker
My Blog
Huge congrats to my beautiful BFPB lmj8284, due June 2012!
"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." -FDR

Re: IVF ladies- how many days of stims?

• I was 10 days both times - but I was told to expect between 8-14 days.   Since we did a 3dt - I ended up only missing one day of work, but had we done a 5dt - I would have missed 2 work days.   But I still wouldn't have told my boss - I would have just taken a sick day.
     TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• imagehootie123:
    I was 10 days both times - but I was told to expect between 8-14 days.   Since we did a 3dt - I ended up only missing one day of work, but had we done a 5dt - I would have missed 2 work days.   But I still wouldn't have told my boss - I would have just taken a sick day.

Based on the estimated dates, I'd only have to miss one work day for a 3-day transfer too. My birthday falls right around the time the ET would be, so I will probably use that as a way to be off. I want to avoid taking too much sick leave because I know I'll get questions. There are some annoyingly nosey people around here!

TTC since 04/2010
    Ovarian cancer survivor
    DH= low motility
    Onto IVF #1= BFN
    It's a boy and a girl!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesteff13914:

imagehootie123:
    I was 10 days both times - but I was told to expect between 8-14 days.   Since we did a 3dt - I ended up only missing one day of work, but had we done a 5dt - I would have missed 2 work days.   But I still wouldn't have told my boss - I would have just taken a sick day.

Based on the estimated dates, I'd only have to miss one work day for a 3-day transfer too. My birthday falls right around the time the ET would be, so I will probably use that as a way to be off. I want to avoid taking too much sick leave because I know I'll get questions. There are some annoyingly nosey people around here!

I totally get the 'nosey' people thing - mine are really nosey.  Luckily everyone takes a sick day here or there, so most people don't really ask - they just assume you were out 'sick'.

TTC #1 since 6/09
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• imagehootie123:
    imagesteff13914:

imagehootie123:

I totally get the 'nosey' people thing - mine are really nosey.  Luckily everyone takes a sick day here or there, so most people don't really ask - they just assume you were out 'sick'.

There are only 5 of us in the office, so everyone is always concerned when someone is out. Everyone but this one guy wouldn't press for details, but he is just weird. When DH had surgery in August, he was all over me everyday. How is your husband, etc.. Which I appreciated, but I could tell he wanted to know details. Then finally I guess he couldn't take it anymore because he said, I don't mean to pry, but..... Grrrrrrrr!

TTC since 04/2010
    Ovarian cancer survivor
    DH= low motility
    Onto IVF #1= BFN
    It's a boy and a girl!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    My Blog
  • No advice here but wanted to wish you luck and comment on annoying prying people!  I get lots of horrible migraines so whenever I'm out people always assume I had a migraine.  Can you use something like that?  Gl
  • imagehootie123:

How did you not miss any work with all the monitoring and ultrasounds? I'm not sure how I won't tell my boss b/c of this?

TTC since August 2010 IVF with ICSI! Jan/Feb 2012 Egg Retrieval on 2/14, 15 eggs retrieved with only 7 mature and 3 fertilized (2) Embryo Transfer on 2/10 with 8 cell, grade 1 and 8 cell grade 2 Beta on 2/21- 6 (yes, only a 6) 2nd Beta on 2/23-
  • I did 9 days of stims. From first day of stims to retrieval it was 11 days. 
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • imagepleaseforbaby:

imagehootie123:

How did you not miss any work with all the monitoring and ultrasounds? I'm not sure how I won't tell my boss b/c of this?

I was able to do b/w and u/s before work. Fortunately I have a flexible schedule that allows me to start later if needed.

TTC #1 since 6/09
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• Hey there hon. :) My RE anticipates ER next Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. So that would put me at 12-14 days of stimming. I know it's kind of awkard to tell your boss. I totally cried when I told mine, which was kind of embarassing, but she's been totally understanding and flexible with me since. And at least she doesn't think I'm dying with all the doctor appointments I have. :)
  • I stimmed for 10 days.  Missing for ER and ET were the least of my missed days of work.  I missed more for monitoring visits.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"