Success after IF
Options

How much do you pay for hair color/highlights?

Ok, so somehow I'm 36 years old and still have "virgin hair".  But, life with twins has no doubt brought out the grays and they are multiplying.  Time to do something.  I'm a natural dark brunette and not looking to do anything drastic, just hide the grays.  I went for a consult today (I go to an Aveda salon). She recommended a demi-permanent color for the first go-round.  We picked a shade that's fairly close to my natural color, just a little more golden brown, and I'll go back and have it done in a few weeks.  It's gonna be $90, and she said it would probably last 5-6 wks.  I was a little surprised it won't last longer, and am not sure I want to shell out that much $$ that often.  Maybe I'll consider permanent color after this, but we'll see.  Just curious what others pay for coloring services, as I really had no clue what to expect.
TTC #1 since 6/07, Dx = Ovulatory dysfunction, DOR, and autoimmune issues ~ 4 Clomid cycles, 1 Femara Cycle, 6 Injectible IUI cycles~ 4 Chemical PG's ~ IVF #1 Dec '09 = BFP!! Beta 8dp3dt = 68 10dp3dt = 276 16dp3dt = 1511 ~ First U/S 1/14 = 3 Heartbeats!!! Lost Baby C at 8w5d Emergency Cerclage at 22wks saved our babies lives Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: How much do you pay for hair color/highlights?

• Options
    I pay $200 including tip for a partial highlight and glaze every 4 months.

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Ahh I wish I had virgin hair! I have been coloring mine since I was 15..stupid sun in..

Anyway, 90$ is a good price and 5/6 seems a little short for just one process but it is semi perm and that starts to wash out everytime you shampoo your hair..you could probably push it though 7/8wks..

I will tell you that I pay 120$ for just highlights (partial/so not my whole head) and when I was doing color and highlights it was more like 160-180..so on track..

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I will start by saying my hair is one of the few things I splurge on. I get a double process of root coverage and a full head of highlights every 3-4 months (more often now that the grey is coming fast and furious!) I pay close to $300. It's at a high end salon in a VERY pricey town. Its my worth every penny. My hair is FAB!!!!

• Options
    $200 just for the highlights plus tip / 3 months
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Options
    $175 including tip for partial highlights and a cut/style.  I go every 12 weeks.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I pay about $150 including tip for partial highlights and a cut.  The color lasts 8-10 weeks.

PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

$75 for cut, all over color, eyebrows and goat beard waxed

I live in a very LCOL area and my stylist is a friend...so it is pretty cheap...

• Options
    $100 for cut and partial highlight.  I usually throw in $20 for tip.  It's one of the pricer salons but I always go with the jr. stylists.  Every 8 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I used to get all over highlights but recently went back to my natural brown because it was getting pricey. It was $200 every 2-3 months.
    TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy
  • Options
    I have a salon in Chicago. Full H/L 140 and up, partial 95 and up, single process 65 and up, not including blow dry. 90 seems high unless you have a ton of hair that requires a lot of product. BTW a true demi won't necessarily wash out. It it low ammonia, developer so you can't get great coverage with very coarse hair or an intense color. Some permanent colors can fade faster then a demi. Some of you pay way too much! I'm in Chicago's highest retail-rent area and no one around here charges that much.
    1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    $100 for highlights and lowlights every 6 weeks 
    Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    $50 plus tip for a cut, style and partial foil, but my stylist does it at her house. She has another full time job now and does hair on the side. It was $75 when she worked at a salon.
  • Options
    I'm jealous of all of you that can afford $100+ on coloring your hair.   When I first moved down here, I went to 2 salons and asked how much they charged for coloring.    I almost choked at the price.   My sister does it for me from a box.  
  • Options
    125 for partial highlight and cut (not including 20% tip.)  I go every 3 - 4 months (more like 4.)
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• Options
    I always buy a groupon for it so I pay like $40 haha. But my mother in law pays $140 for her lady.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"