Rhode Island Babies
Options

adoption question

My husband and I recently lost our son.  He was stillborn at 30 weeks due to an umbilical cord injury.  While we continue to mourn the loss of our beautiful baby boy we still desperately want to become parents.  Although the doctors said that the cause of death would indicate that subsequent pregnancies would be safe and most likely successful, we are terrified that this could happen again. Because of that, we are looking into all of our options.  Does anyone know where I can get ACCURATE information about infant adoption in RI?  There is a lot of inaccurate information out there and I'm having difficulty weeding out the good from the bad.  Thanks so much!
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: adoption question

• Options

I'm sorry for your loss.  You might want to try contacting Adoption RI.  They are a non-profit in Providence that works to find adoptive parents for children in state care.  It might be a good place to start.  Their website is adoptionri.org

Good luck!

• Options
    Im so sorry for your loss nothing will take your pain away. Loss is a terrible thing been through what you been through twice you need an excellent doctor thats why i chose umass hospital after losing my dtr and my son i turned to them for help and I now have a beautiful son. I know adoption will help with heartache however it is alot of red tape and wont cure the want of carrying your own child. dont give up hope. My dr was Dr Delpapa in worcester and she was wonderful. I will keep you and your soon to be family in my thoughts and prayers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am so sorry for your loss.

DH and I are in the works learning about adoption,  Adoption RI has been wonderful, they have open forums and seminars about the whole process.  There is not as much red tape as one think though, there are a lot of myths.  I was pretty surprised myself, that it be something DH and I could do, affordable as well. 

Also, check out Adoption for Dummies, has a lot of great resources in there for the basics, the whole process and different ways to get grants, as well as receive tax credits.

Whichever you choose good luck.  DH and I are hoping to adopt in the next few years since I won't be able to have children, so for us its the only option..

https://www.adoptionri.org/
  • Options
    check out Adoption Options. They have monthly information sessions. We recently used them for our homestudy and post placement visits.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"