Baby Showers

Baby Shower Vent, how would you feel?

What do you ladies think of this shower invite (I've summarized;)

Mom's name is spelled wrong throughout the invite, the invite states that mom is already very prepared and has everything she needs, the invite also states that if you wish to buy clothes, please buy them in size 12 months and up. And my registries were not mentioned.

Yes, this was the invite to my own baby shower and I am so embarrassed! Yes, DH and I have already purchased most things...since my shower was 5 weeks after the baby was born. I did have most clothes up to 3/6 months since I wasn't sure the baby's size and whether she would even fit newborn. Also, I work for an insurance agency and we have 4 locations in town, but the invite was only sent to 3 locations??? We are all pretty close and know one another.  

I just think the invite made me look ungrateful and that I didn't even need a shower. It also hurt my feelings that they misspelled my name:(

*I should also mention that the host insisted on coming over and looking over all of my baby stuff to see what I "really" needed! In fact she wanted to come for a second visit which I declined, since I found it an odd and rude thing to do.

I was grateful to have a shower, just needed to vent a bit!!! Thank you for listening, haha:) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby Shower Vent, how would you feel?

• If I received this invite my thoughts would be:

-Who the heck is hosting this thing that they can't spell the mother's name right?

-Why are they having a shower if she doesn't need baby stuff?

-The mother is probably embarrassed by this, so I'll play nice and get a small gift (but honestly probably less than I would have gotten with a normal invite.) 

I'm sorry the host did this to you.  Who is it that is hosting?  Could you politely ask her to include the people she excluded?   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thank you for your reply. My shower has already come and gone but it has been bothering me and I needed to vent! Haha. I'm glad that you agree as I was wondering if I was just being hormonal. 

Unfortunately I think most people must have agreed that I didn't need anything as only 10 people came:( And I was really looking forward to catching up with my coworkers!  

• Loading the player...
  • Who hosted this shower? 

I would have been really irritated!

• No, you were definitely not being hormonal.  Sounds like a situation people thought best to stay away from.  I hope most of them took it as a reflection of a bad host and not you.

Was it a coworker throwing the party?  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • The shower was hosted by a coworker.  I feel much better knowing it's "not just me" that found the whole thing embarrassing!
  • Sounds like the coworker is a ditz and I'm guessing that most everyone that knows her also knows this.  Sorry that only 10 people showed up.  Obviously this coworker needs to let others handle future shower organization/invitations.

Note;  Since the shower was after the baby was born I don't see a problem with metnioning clothes size 12 months and up...but that should have been mentioned on your registration not the invite.

• that's crazy

Usually people find out things word of mouth. I'm not saying to trash the co-worker for her tacky shower etiquette, but if you mention to a few people in casual talk that you had no idea about what the invites said and you didn't approve the guest list, then maybe others will realize you're not like that. 

• She's a weirdo.  Normally I'm staunchly of the opinion that people should just be grateful about their showers but it would royally tick me off if someone came to my house to decide what I truly needed.  How does she know what's top priority to you??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • If I got that invite, I would be completely confused. First, I would wonder if I had been misspelling your name all this time. But that's just me.

Then I would probably wonder why there was a shower if this person had everything they needed... so I would get you a gift card, because nobody EVER has everything they need.

Then I would probably figure out that whoever set this up, since it wasn't you, was fairly annoying and rude, but I wouldn't say anything to you or to this person. I would just bring you cupcakes and acknowledge that when I have MY baby shower, this person would not be involved in the planning.

Also... REALLY? She wanted to come over to take inventory? What are you, Costco? RUDE!!

• If I noticed the mom's name was miss spelled I would automatically let the mom-to-be off the hook and realize the host was in charge of the invite and obviously from another planet.

I would distance myself from this woman who insisted on coming over and giving her 2 cents on YOUR gifts, tell her to fnck off....in your own words of course, but you get my point.

• wow .. that's aweful!

image Visit The Nest!
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"