Trouble TTC

Irrational ER fears (I'm a psycho)

I really haven't had difficulty with anything so far. Stim shots- I got it. HSG- no big deal. Etc, etc, etc.

The retrieval process however, freaks me out. Here's what I'm currently worried about:

1. Saying something really, really embarrassing to my RE when I'm under. 

2. Getting a nervous stomach (because I'm a pro at that) and having some sort of embarrassing accident on the table. 

Yup, that's what keeps me up at night.....

Any "it's really no big deal" posts (even if you're lying) would be much appreciated. Smile

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
"Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
My IF-turned-baby blog

Re: Irrational ER fears (I'm a psycho)

• Hehehe... definitely no big deal.  This was surprisingly that part I was the least freaked out about since I was going to be "out" during all the big scary needle stuff (and we had to keep my IV covered so I didn't look at it and freak out).  You get some really fun drugs... enjoy them!

and remember

1.) You're mediated so you have total deniability

2.) If something happens, you won't be aware and they probably won't tell you so really it's like if a tree falls in the wood and no one is around to hear it...

GOOD LUCK!

TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• It really isn't a big deal!!  They definitely won't hold anything you say/do against you while you are under (or immediately after, either)!

You will probably sleep really well afterwards, too!  I know I did.  I was also able to get MH to get me a milkshake afterwards!

Best of luck, hon!!

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't had an ER, but I was totally nervous about saying something crazy when they put me under for my lap.  I don't remember a thing from the moment that they started the happy drugs, so if I did say anything strange, I don't remember, so it doesn't count!  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well, I don't have experience, so I can't say it's no big deal -- but I can say definitely share the fear of saying something obnoxious while under!!  I've been thinking about that more and more. 

I didn't even think about your accident fear!  I'm going to pretend I didn't read that!

I'm sure it will be fine.  Plus, I'm sure they don't think much about any of these things because they see it all the time.

GL!

• I had my D&C at my RE's office and was under the same type of sedation you'll probably be under for your ER.

Yes, I was embarassing. I kept whipping my blankets off in recovery and looking down and yelling "is my vagina bleeding? Look Kevin, there's no bleeding..."The good part is that if your hubby doesn't tell you about it, you'll never know you did it b/c the drugs cause some amnesia. So tell your hubby not to tell you anything anout what you did or said

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • I can't help you because I am also guilty of harboring irrational ER fears.  I have to say though the biggest one is having a giant-ass needle punched through my VAGINA... which is guaranteed to happen.  Crying

I can say however that a few weeks ago, I had eye surgery while I was awake.  Before the surgery, I was totally terrified.  But it turned out that the worst part was getting the IV in -- the rest was a piece of cake!  (Because they gave me fabulous drugs.)

I do remember asking the doctors if this is what it's like to be on acid.  (They were shining a light in my eye so it looked like a lava lamp floating in front of me.)  I don't remember their response but I'm guessing there was some laughter.  Embarrassed

Severe MFI. Me: supposedly all clear but eggs showed vacuoles.

IVF #1 January 2012, ER Jan 14th: 34R, 27M, 23F. Day 3: 18 embies still strong. Day 5: zero "good," one "fair," the rest "poor." Transferred 3. None made it to blast or to freeze. Jan 28: BFN.

Lucky IVF #2: Transferred two beautiful day three embies on St. Patrick's Day. BFP on HPT 7dp3dt. Beta 1 (14dpER)=106; Beta 2 (16dpER)=140; Beta 3 (19dpER)=264! First u/s 4.17.

imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

• I don't have any experience but I know you will do great! 
  • You can do it and it's TOTALLY not a big deal Wink 

Seriously, anything you do is not going to surprise them or shock them. They're medical professionals. So, it really isn't a big deal. You're going to do awesome, babe! 

imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

• imagekellyrn9956:

I had my D&C at my RE's office and was under the same type of sedation you'll probably be under for your ER.

Yes, I was embarassing. I kept whipping my blankets off in recovery and looking down and yelling "is my vagina bleeding? Look Kevin, there's no bleeding..."The good part is that if your hubby doesn't tell you about it, you'll never know you did it b/c the drugs cause some amnesia. So tell your hubby not to tell you anything anout what you did or said

That is the most hilarious thing I have heard someone say coming out of sedation.  I am sure it was embarrassing when you first found out you said that but hopefully you find it funny now!

• Hey, if your asleep you will never even know! I am sure they have seen it all! You will do great. Think about this way, when you go to deliver you will be yelling a lot of things you might not mean, and stuff that you never knew existed will come out of you onto the table. So, this is nothing ??
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aw, thanks for cheering me on and for the funny stories!! I'm hoping that I have a ton of follies that I can't wait to get out so ill be more relieved than nervous. That would be awesome!

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    My IF-turned-baby blog
  • imagesbrowns08:

I really haven't had difficulty with anything so far. Stim shots- I got it. HSG- no big deal. Etc, etc, etc.

The retrieval process however, freaks me out. Here's what I'm currently worried about:

2. Getting a nervous stomach (because I'm a pro at that) and having some sort of embarrassing accident on the table. 

Any "it's really no big deal" posts (even if you're lying) would be much appreciated. Smile

I have no idea what you are taking aboutWink

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I've been "put under" for stuff five times...and from what I've been told the funniest thing I ever said was to my Doc for my breast reduction surgery.  Right before I feel alseep I tried to convince him to buy television advertising from me for plastic surgery (I sold ads for NBC in WV at the time).  I was trying to sell him while the twins were in full view and my arms were stretched out in Jesus form.  LOL.  Oh, and I had a surgery where they removed a cyst from the crack of my a$$ (plylonidal cyst) so yeah....nothing can embarass me.  I've had them looking at my T & A - literally! 

You'll do fine!  And like others said - I'm sure they will not mention anything if you say or do anything you might find embarassing.  Good luck sweetie!!

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• imagebyrne15:
    imagesbrowns08:

You better hope I don't rat YOU out while I'm under too!

My IF-turned-baby blog
  • I don't think I said anything while I was out - I was just lying there.   But I promise the entire procedure was very easy.   I've had laser eye surgery - which means you are awake and you see what is happening - and that was 1000times scarier than ER was.  

TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• It is totally no big deal and you will be sleeping nicely a few short seconds after they administer the medication. I remember the anestheiologist giving me the sedation medication and passing out not long after (it seemed like less than a minute). I have only had it one other time and the only thing I remember is yelling "WEEEEEE, this is like a fun" as they pushed the gurnee down the hall to the OR. Oh, and that I woke up crying for no apparent reason from the medication. You will do great!
    ~TTC since July 2010~
    CD3 Bloodwork:Normal 
    HSG-Clear 
    SA:Low Morph 
    IVF with ICSI #1: ER 12/16 (4 ER/3 Mature/0 Fertilized) 
    IVF with ICSI #2: ER 5/17 (4 ER/4 Mature/3 Fertilized)/ET 5/20 (2 embryos transferred)-BFN 
    IVF with PICSI #3: ER 9/8 (11 ER/8 Mature/7 Fertilized)/ET 9/13 (2 AA blastocysts transferred) 
    Beta#1, 9/26/12: 719 Beta#2, 9/28/12: 1,436 Beta#3, 10/1/12: 3,446
    1st u/s on 10/10/12: It's Twins! We found out on 12/16/12 that we were having two BOYS!
    C & D were born on 5/16/13 at 10:46 am and 10:47 am

imageimage
  • imagesbrowns08:
    imagebyrne15:
    imagesbrowns08:

You better hope I don't rat YOU out while I'm under too!

hahaha I actually thought of that.  You will be the innocent by stander in the situation.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I have no advice for you, but I know you will be just fine!
  • I hear ya! But I will tell you that it really is no big deal. You will be in la la land! You will have no idea whats going on. Supposedly I was moaning or something during my ER, they ignore you. They are more focused on what they are doing and sometimes there is even music playing in the OR so they drown you out. lol It has not come back to me that ive ever done or said anything that embarrasing lol, yet. And about the stomach, well I definitely understand that, but again, when you are in la la land, nothing hurts. You wont be nervous, you won't care what you are doing or where you are going. They do their thing and it is so quick. Seriously ER takes about 15-20 minutes. Barely enough time for you to mutter anything silly Wink

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"