May 2012 Moms

Share your favorite recipe!

Since my appetite has kicked in finally and I want to eat, I've realized, I'm quickly running out of things to make! I make the same stuff over and over again and it's getting boring and I don't want it anymore...So please, if you will, share with me some of your favorite recipes and that way, hopefully, I can get out of this food rut! Thanks ladies!
married 9/2010
DS1 11/2010 (angel)
DS2 5/2012
DS3 4/2015
New baby 6/2020

Re: Share your favorite recipe!

• This a quick, and easy recipie that I just recently stumbled across, but love it!!  Beef Tips and Noodles:

1lb of sirloin tips *

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1pks of Lipton beef w/onion soup mix

1 can(4.5oz) mushrooms, drained

1c water

1 pkg(16oz) noodles

Preheat oven to 400. In 13x9 casserole dish, combine all ingredients except tips.  Mix well.  When well mixed, add tips and mix again.

Bake in preheated oven for 1hr.

While beef tips are baking, cook noodles.

Serve tips over noodles

*- have a hard time finding the sirloin tips, and I use cubed beef for stew.  Works really well and yummy!!

Let me know if you try it and what you think!!! 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • That sounds AMAZING. I will be trying it! Thanks for sharing!
    married 9/2010
    DS1 11/2010 (angel)
    DS2 5/2012
    DS3 4/2015
    New baby 6/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • This is my favorite "go to" recipe for shredded chicken for tacos/burritos

2 lbs chicken
    1 jar of salsa
    couple chopped jalapenos (depending how spicy you want it - I do 2 or 3)
    1 packet taco seasoning
    4-6 cloves of garlic minced

Mix and pour over chicken in the crock pot....cook on low for 8 hours. Pull chicken with forks once cooked.

Serve with soft shell tacos/burittos all your normal taco fixings

• If you like salad,

Cabbage oriental salad

Buy one packet of the ramen oriental noodles. Napa cabbage. and sliced almonds

Cook raman noodles without the seasonings and water, in a frying pan to brown with almonds. set aside

Cut the cabbage up in a bowl. 

Mix oriental seasoning with olive oil in a bowl or dressing container. 

And thats it.

Put the noodles over the cabbage and add the dressing its so good and easy.

If you want a dessert one I have a two die for 7 layer bar recipe I can share.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Here are some of my favorties (with links to the recipes):

Sesame Beef Stir Fry (serve over brown rice)

Mushroom Stuffed Chicken (with egg noodles or rice and veggies)

Maple-Mustard Chicken Thighs (with homemade cole slaw and salad or veggies)

Blue Cheese-Stuffed Chicken with Buffalo Sauce (I substitute feta for blue cheese)

Pork Medallions with Balsalmic Shallot Sauce (with rice or couscous and veggies)

Buffalo Chicken Panini (I substitute feta for blue cheese and serve with slaw)

Asain Beef Rolls (This is the recipe that my family ALWAYS requests from me! I usually make these with Pioneer Woman's Simple Sesame Noodles)

Pioneer Woman's Ginger Steak Salad

Carne Asada (with soft corn tortillas, black beans and homemade guac) 

Flank Steak with Hot Peanut Sauce (I serve this with rice in lettuce wraps)

We also eat alot of salads: Buffalo Chicken Salad, Taco Salad, etc.

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Two that are a little out of the box:

Chickpea Tacos: use canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans) in place of ground meat for tacos.  I drain and rinse the chickpeas, pour in pan and add taco seasoning packet and water, and cook according to packet directions.  Cook until chickpeas soften and smash about half the chickpeas for texture (don't have to smash them all).  Serve with your favorite fixings like you would regular tacos.  This is one of my favorite, easy, healthy, go-to meals. 

I also make a yummy pineapple salsa, if you want that recipe.  

And this is one I just tried recently: 

Spicy Thai Noodles: https://asmallsnippet.blogspot.com/2011/03/spicy-thai-noodles.html (spicy, but yummy, I halved the recipe and only used about .5 tbsp of pepper flakes...it was still pretty spicy!)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sure, hope you like it!!  Let me know what ya think.  I love it because it's super easy and smells soo good while cooking.  I am thnking of making it this weekend!!  ENJOY!!!  Wish I could say my appetite picked up.  Never ever hungry; could be that I eat 6-7 times a day.  Thanks diabetes!! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • This has become my go-to recipe. Soo easy and absolutely delicious! I don't even like curry and I love this. DH dislikes vegetables and fish, yet he loves it. Seriously recommended.

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Chop and saute vegetables (bell peppers, potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, celery, carrots, pretty much whatever you have).

3. Spice it up with salt, pepper and curry powder. Add cream cheese and stir.

4. Get an oven-proof baking dish and spray with cooking spray.  

5. Layer bottom of the dish with any UNCOOKED fish (skinless, boneless, cut into pieces) or COOKED meat (ground beef, beef tips, pork, chicken, whatever, just as long as it's boneless and ready to eat). 

6. Pour cream cheesy-vegetables on top of meat or fish, sprinkle with shredded cheese, and a few more dashes of curry powder. Bake until bubbly. Your house will smell delicious! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Get yourself over to Pioneer Woman! She has the BEST recipes. Two of my favorites: her lasagna and chicken tikka masala!
  • Here's some that I have recently tried and liked:

Orange Chicken - I didn't coat the chicken; I just stir-fried it and then added some broccoli and carrots. Then I coated the whole thing with the sauce. DH LOVED this!

Spinach Artichoke Pasta - This one was good, but I would add a little more liquid than the recipe calls for.

Asian Turkey Meatballs with Lime Sesame Dipping Sauce - I LOVED this one. Would make it with some brown rice and some sort of veggie side.

Avocado & Black Bean Salad - I ate this a TON this summer. So good!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a cooking blog - link in siggy.

I'm a dietitian so *most* of my recipes are healthy :) 

• My go-to salad:

5ish Roma tomatoes, sliced

2 Cucumbers, sliced

pinch or two of Fresh Dill

Kraft Greek Vinagrette (halfish of a bottle)

Crumbled Feta (I like sun-dried tomato basil flavor, but regular works well, too)

You can't mess it up, and people beg me to bring it to pitch-ins.   Good right away, but better after marinaded.

• So awesome, so many ideas! I need to sit down and make a weekly menu for grocery shopping!
    married 9/2010
    DS1 11/2010 (angel)
    DS2 5/2012
    DS3 4/2015
    New baby 6/2020
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"