Success after IF
Options

Flu shots

How late is too late for kiddos to get flu shots?  I feel like such a terrible parent, but the girls haven't had their flu shots yet.  Either one or both have been sick for the last 2 months and haven't been able to get their shots yet.  Both girls seem to be getting over another cold...finally.  I am hoping to take them to get their shots tomorrow.  Is it too late to matter now?  I feel just awful about it.  Especially since Ben and I both have our shots.  Will they give the shots if they are still a little stuffed up?  I really don't want to put this off yet again!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Flu shots

• Options

Mine got their first shot at 7 months, but we just got the second yesterday.  Woops. 

I don't think its too late.  I've heard of lots of bugs going around.  Better to be safe than sorry, right?  I think they'll give them as long as there's no fever. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Flu Season goes through March so no it isn't too late. It only takes 2 weeks for full immunity. When I got Hayden his at his 2 1/2 year well visit in November, he had been throwing up sick the day before with the 24 hour stomach bug. His pedi was perfectly fine with him getting the flu mist that day (Stella can get the mist since she is 2).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No, it isn't too late! I would go asap. The flu season lasts well into early April.

DD has her 6 month check-up tomorrow and she will be getting hers then.

I'm pretty sure the only reason they won't give a shot is if they are running a fever.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS is scheduled to get his on the 16th at his 6 mos appt.
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I just got mine yesterday ;-)  I wanted to wait past a certain point of my pregnancy, plus give the bab(ies) immunity when they come in the late winter. (because they are coming IN THE LATE WINTER, lol)

I say you can/should still get them.

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  Looks like the girls are getting shots tomorrow.  Big Smile  Perfect excuse to get some ice-cream afterward. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"