C-sections

Need advice - Venting

Last Sunday I went in with contractions that wouldn't stop. They gave me 2 bags of fluids and 2 shots of something that finally made them space back out. I have been having them all week but today they got really close together. I go to the hospital to get checked out and they say that even though I am having contractions that are close together I wasn't dilated and I was closed so they couldn't do anything. I have to be in active labor for them to do something. I have to have a c-section but they won't do anything unless I am dilated.

The thing is I have a condition that my body doesn't dilate. I was 100% effaced for 2 weeks with my son and had my membrane stripped and still didn't dilate. My water trickled for like 2 minutes and then stopped so I went in. I still wasn't dilated but since I was leaking fluid they kept me.  I only got to 3 cm with pitocen and then had to have a c-section. My pelvis is so small that I can't have a child naturally but yet I have to wait until I go into active labor which won't happen or my water has to break.... This is a bunch of BS!!!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Need advice - Venting

• I highly recommend communicating this with your OB and having him/her transfer a copy of your file to labour and delivery so that when/if you go back in the same situation, they can review your file and are aware of your situation.

Unfortunately, if your OB has not shared this information with them, they have no way of knowing if you are telling the truth and, unfortunately, there are quite a few people out there who are willing to tell lies or stretch the truth when they are getting close to their due date and, frankly, just want the baby out.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • As a L&D nurse, here is my quickest answer: you should be given something to stop the contractions if your OB is not going to take you back and section you that day. The contractions wear on you AND your baby. Nifedipine is a commonly used oral medication for contraction control. The bottom line is that its only humane to stop those contractions if you're not going to labor and deliver vaginally. Ask you OB if there is anything they can give you to keep the contractions at bay.
  • Loading the player...
  • First of all, if you go into triage, you need to have them call your doctor and your doc can give orders over the phone to keep you if that's what he/she thinks is right, given your history.  The nurses are probably just following the standing orders that the OB's have on file, they don't know each patients prior history, so insist on them calling.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"