Parenting
Options

Great...winter storm warning

I suppose it's about time, given that it's almost JANUARY and we have no snow on the ground in the Great White North.

Better stock up on booze early!! Had plans with the BF tonight, BUT given that we broke up Tuesday I'm debating a night of watching my favorite movies and drinking some good wine or something with that new cake-flavored vodka I keep hearing about.

What is everyone else doing? 

Nora Judith 7/2/06 Miles Chauncey 4/20/09 born with Trisomy 21 - Down syndrome

Re: Great...winter storm warning

• Options

Cake flavored vodka?!  Sounds like a party to me.  We have no plans tonight.  MH is down in west palm beach on a scuba diving trip.  He left very early this morning and will be pretty beat when he gets back.

I saw on fb about the breakup.  That stinks, I am sorry to hear that.  

• Options

We are doing jack squat tonight. I am a little sad about it. None of our friends are doing anything. 

I think I will just make us a nice family dinner and then have a game night with DD. We have stuff for margaritas and lots of beer in the house. 

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It wouldn't be new years without a storm, right?  At least we won't be getting ice, but may still lose power.  I wasn't planning on going to the store today, but may just to pick up a few things so that I don't have to go out Sun/Mon.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options

Keep your snow up north, okay? Now that Christmas is over, I'm perfectly content with not having any for the rest of winter.

It's been unseasonably warm and extremely rainy in OH this winter. I'm sure our newscasters are bored out of their minds since they don't have a storm to hype up.

• Options
    DH has to work today and tomorrow all day (6-6 w/ 1.5 hour commute on each end of that).  No plans here.
  • Options

We got an invite to a friends house for a kid friendly New Years Eve party.  Haven't decided yet if we are going. 

It kind of depends on the weather.  I am excited for snow, but not to hit while I am driving.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imagenire99:

Keep your snow up north, okay? Now that Christmas is over, I'm perfectly content with not having any for the rest of winter.

It's been unseasonably warm and extremely rainy in OH this winter. I'm sure our newscasters are bored out of their minds since they don't have a storm to hype up.

HA! Seriously...the news people up here (Toledo) are the worst... 

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Options

One of the things I like about living down south.  It's a high of 65 or something and sunny.  Of course when we get snow or ice, they have no clue how to deal with it and everything just shuts down.  Everything was closed for a week last year because of an ice storm and then freezing temps.  We just count on the weather to warm up and melt everything whenever we get a storm.  Big difference from New England or upstate New York where I grew up.

Anyway, tonight we're having a kid-friendly party starting at 4ish.  It'll probably break up around 8 or 9ish and then DH and I are having a quiet night alone.  We do the same thing every year and it works for us.  Of course, now I have to clean my house and start cooking in a bit...

• Options

Hi cooker!  Sorry about the BF.  I didn't see that.  

We go to our friends house every new years eve.  This is the 4th year.  The party is BYOS so everyone with little kids brings a sitter too. ;)

Have a great night, girlie! xo 

Sisterly love--Sophia (1/14/07) and Baby Margaux (7/13/10) image Doctor in training! :)image
  • Options

Dude. How am I going to run the 5K tomorrow? I mean, I AM going to run it, but why did the snow have to hold off until the night before? WTF MN?

Oh, and we're watching the History channel. Thrilling, I know!! 

• Options
    imageCiarrai:

One of the things I like about living down south.  It's a high of 65 or something and sunny.  Of course when we get snow or ice, they have no clue how to deal with it and everything just shuts down.  Everything was closed for a week last year because of an ice storm and then freezing temps.  We just count on the weather to warm up and melt everything whenever we get a storm.  Big difference from New England or upstate New York where I grew up.

That's the nice thing about Florida. High of 70, lows in the 40's. No snow and beautiful winter days! 

• Options
    Sorry about the break up - that sucks.  but the cake vodka is not very good - too sickly sweet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"