Pre-School and Daycare

Britax Frontier installation nightmare

My H is about to throw our new car seat in the trash! He has been trying to install this seat for over an hour now, and we just can't get it to tighten down. Anyone else have one of these? Is there a secret?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Britax Frontier installation nightmare

• No, mine was super easy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In my DH and my mom's car it was so problem. My car was a little trickier because of the location of the latch connectors. I think once it was in DH had to pull the tightening strap kind of opposite of the way the directions said. Once he figured it out it has been easy to take out and reinstall since.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We haven't had an issues installing ours. We snap in the latches, put a knee in the seat to add some pressure and pull on the strap to tighten. Then we fasten the one to tether behind the seat.

ETA: I would search britax frontier install on youtube and see if you get any hits. I've found videos for lots of things that showed me what I wasn't doing correctly.

• Thanks everyone. I don't know why he was having such a hard time! I have a Honda Pilot (2010) so there's no way it's not compatible, which was his first thought. We'll search youtube for some help.
  • imageironmommy:
    Thanks everyone. I don't know why he was having such a hard time! I have a Honda Pilot (2010) so there's no way it's not compatible, which was his first thought. We'll search youtube for some help.

We have a new CRV...it was fine to put in. I wouldn't call Britax installation easy, but once DH put it in...he was able to remove it and install again with no problems. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I have an 2008 crv. It took me a good 1.5 hours to get it in tightly. Latch would not work on the passenger side. I used the long belt path install. Once I figured out what had to go where it was easier (never easy with that seat)!
  • imagedi0607:
    I have an 2008 crv. It took me a good 1.5 hours to get it in tightly. Latch would not work on the passenger side. I used the long belt path install. Once I figured out what had to go where it was easier (never easy with that seat)!

Yeah, it probably took my husband a good hour to put it in. I don't even attempt to put the seats in. Too frustrating for me.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • DH installed it very easily with the LATCH system. I don't know what he did, I didn't help.  With the seat belt, we used the short belt path.  I sat in the seat and DH pulled on the seat belt and used his foot to stabilize the seat so it wouldn't move.  That was the ONLY way we could get it tight enough using the seat belt.  Now that's he's done it a few times, it takes us 2 min to put it in.  The first time was almost 30.  Hope you can get it figured out soon, it's a great seat!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have never had an issue tightening ours. I move mine to car pool from time to time and the tightening is never an issue. It is heavy and bulky to move around but that is it. You should be able to loosen the latch straps, snap it in, put a knee in the seat and pull the strap to tighten it. I hope he got it figured out by now!
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you continue having trouble, I'd call your local police or fire station.  They should have a certified technician so you can go in & have them check it and give you tips on how to do it correctly. 
  • Is he trying to put it in the middle? Our britax won't sit snugly in the center...
  • I'm not sure if it's anything like the Britax Boulevard - which has a base that allows the seat to recline a little.  I tried installing the seat once when it was in a recline position (but FFing) and it was impossible.. is that possibly a problem?
  • This, I have installed with both seat belt (my older car), and Latch (got a new truck.)
  • I have always found seatbelt installs to be easier than LATCH.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• We actually did have nightmares installing this seat.  In one car -- my 2003 Jetta wagon, it will only install tight enough in the center seat with a long belt path install.  Middle seat in our car doesn't use latch (that only works for the side seats and I want him in the middle) and the short belt path was not tight enough.  Long belt path barely fits.  It requires two adults pushing on the seat to get the belt in the buckle.  Ugh.

In our other car, a 1998 Toyota Carrolla, it will not install in our center seat.  We don't have latch there either.  The belt in that seat won't lock and the seat is curved up so the seat doesn't sit securely in that spot.  We have to use a side seat to get a secure, stable seat install, again using the long belt path.  It's a tricky install for sure but once it is done it is rock solid.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"