Baby Showers

Jungle theme shower need ideas

I am going to be throwing my sister a shower in January.  I would like to do a jungle theme.  Any ideas for decorations or cakes?

Thanks!

3/10 IVF #1 TWINS! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Jungle theme shower need ideas

• I just threw a shower for a good friend of mine (she didn't know the gender), with a hot pink, aqua blue and zebra theme.  I tried to carry those colors throughout.

- My invitations were aqua, pink and zebra and said something like "things are about to get WILD at the INSERT NAME HERE house!"
    - I found paper lanterns in a zebra print (they have other animal prints as well) at Cost Plus and used those, along with pink and aqua lanterns from the party store.  I hung them in trees, and anchored a few to the beverage table and hung them above the main table.
    - I made a table runner with aqua fabric trimmed in zebra.
    - I tied my napkins with zebra ribbon
    - I wrapped a few pictures in my house that hung over the buffet in zebra print wrapping paper
    - I did a candy buffet for the favors using aqua and pink candy, but found animal print takeout containers at Oriental Trading Company.  They also had jungle animal lollipops that I included on the candy buffet.
    - we only played one game and the gift was a black tote bag with a zebra stripe running across the front. 

I guess that was it - people were impressed with how much the theme carried through.  My advice would be to stick with one or two animal prints to convey your jungle theme and run with it!  Good luck!

• Those are awesome ideas thanks!  She's having a boy so I think I'll go with blue and maybe a giraffe ribbon if I can find it.

Thanks again!

3/10 IVF #1 TWINS! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My friends threw a jungle/safari theme shower for me.  They had some leopard fabric that they used to cover some of the tables.  Then for table centerpieces they had lanterns and some small plastic toy jungle animals.  It was so cute.  They also made a sign that was sitting when you walked in the door that said ?Welcome to Stacy and Baby M?s Chic Safari Adventure?.  The sign also had jungle animals on it and bamboo holding it up.  It was so cute!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"