Los Angeles Babies

Need daycare suggestions

Hi,

I am new to Los Angeles, just moved 7 months ago and will be having our unexpected arrival in 2 months. My husband was transfered and we got pregnant right after we moved here so we don't have any friends that have kids that could recommend anything to us. We can't afford for me to leave my job and stay home so I need to find a daycare. I live in Santa Monica so I am looking for a daycare that is in Santa Monica/Brentwood/Westwood area. I don't even know how much daycare's cost but I am guessing around $1000/month.

This decision is so hard so any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Trish

Re: Need daycare suggestions

• Start by contacting Judy Bencivengo at UCLA.  She runs the Child Care Resource Program there and she specializes in reviewing and referring childcare options on the Westside and in the Valley.  Her phone number is 310 825-8474.

Good luck - I know the daycare question can be a hard one to crack!

P.S.  I found that daycares on the west side run anywhere from $200 to $400 per month for infants.

• Thank you so much!!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I think you are missing a couple of zeros in your quote for daycare.  I work on the Westside and live in the Valley.  So far, the cheapest daycare I've found for infants on the West Side is $1,400/month.  Most Santa Monica daycares I've seen have quoted me closer to $2,000 - $2,500/month for an infant.  I'm guessing we'll end up sending our kid somewhere closer to home bc I don't think we can afford the higher price to be near work.
    Check out my blog on Guinevere's growth: http://brendasbabybumpblog.blogspot.com/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"