North Carolina Babies

TTC #2... if you used ovulation induction meds, Q

So before getting pregnant, I had very irregular periods beginning about 6 years prior (before that, they were like clockwork from my very first period).  My cycles were like 28-60 days, charting never showed anything.  We ended up using Femara to help with ovulation

After baby, they've returned to being normal periods.  My OBGYN said this is normal.

SO my question is whether its normal to try on your own for sometime before going back to RE?  Am hoping it won't be a big deal since it seems my body has corrected itself.  Any idea?  I thought I'd use ovulation kits a the 2 months before we plan to TTC to see if they're telling me anything.

Re: TTC #2... if you used ovulation induction meds, Q

• I believe your RE or OB would want you to try for a certain amount of time before pursuing treatment. I can't imagine they would start you on treatment right away. 

I had irregular periods before DS, and took Metformin to get pregnant with him. After having DS, we never used any birth control. I got my period back when he was 9ish months old? My cycles have been fairly regular, mostly 5 weeks long. 

Now he's almost 3 and we still haven't gotten pregnant. I saw my OB in October and she said we've been trying long enough, so I started on Femara. So just because your cycles have changed, it doesn't necessarily mean you are ovulating. I had hoped that my body was kinda correcting itself too, but no such luck.

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Did you try anything in an attempt to confirm you weren't ovulating?  That is why I was thinking the OPKs to hopefully determine if my eggs are dropping :o)

Thanks for the info!  The RE is a family friend so I guess I could call and ask him before we start.

• Loading the player...
  • and good luck to you!!!
  • imagectnj:

Did you try anything in an attempt to confirm you weren't ovulating?  That is why I was thinking the OPKs to hopefully determine if my eggs are dropping :o)

Thanks for the info!  The RE is a family friend so I guess I could call and ask him before we start.

I didn't chart, but did blood tests at the doctors to check for ovulation.  

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • I used Femara w. a trigger shot (ovidrel I think). I was ovulating on my own, but due to my ectopic/blocked tube, the dr prescribed it to give me a better chance of ovulating from the non-blocked side. I really liked having the trigger shot since you pretty much know exactly when you are going to ovulate. gl!
    M/C #1 BFP 5/26/08, missed m/c discovered 9w1d (blighted ovum) M/C #2 BFP 11/19/08, missed m/c discovered at 12w1d (triploidy) BFP!! 3/27 Due date 12/5/09 Benjamin Tate is here! Born 12-1-09, 9lbs 5oz, 22" via C-Section M/C #3: d/x ectopic, methotrexate given 2/11 BFP!! 7/12, due 3-21-12
  • imagebecki777:

I believe your RE or OB would want you to try for a certain amount of time before pursuing treatment. I can't imagine they would start you on treatment right away. 

Since it sounds like you used an RE before, you wouldn't need to try for a certain amount of time until you try again. I just had repeated blood work (confirming ovulation and checking other hormone levels, etc) and then we were able to try with them. I had the same thing. first time around needed clomid to ovulatem but also had a cervical issue requiring IUI. My cycles have been normal since. So I opted to not use meds and do timed IUI's (unmedicated). I was able to get pregnant, however miscarried both.

GL to you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"