Pregnant after a Loss

What kind of face soap do you use?

I am using clean and clear now and have for years, but my face looks horrible right now. I think it's time to try something new. I've never had a problem with breakouts till now ugh.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What kind of face soap do you use?

• Cetaphil daily facial cleanser. It's plain and simple but does the job. I use clinique mositurizers and oil of olay toner.

25 People Who Haven't Quite Figured Out Parenting Yet

Lilypie - (TIAf)

Lilypie - (95p4)

• I use Cetaphil, as my RE recommended (I was using ProActive prior to my first pregnancy).  I'm probably not supposed to, but I do scrub my face with a facecloth after I lather the soap onto my face.  I'm surprised at the lack of acne.

ETA:  I use a sensitive skin moisturizer from BioElements.  It works great.

<3<3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3<3

• Loading the player...
  • Ugh my face was a MESS at the beginning of this pregnancy... I wash with Purity (philosophy) at night to remove the makeup and in the morning I use a cream cleanser with my clarisonic in the shower.  I just started doing this about three weeks ago, bc I hadn't been using my clarisonic much since I thought it was aggravating my skin more since it seemed so sensitive and prone to breakouts, but it's finally (knock on wood) clearing now that I'm being consistent with it....  now if I could only find something to help with the dark spots!

BFP#1 11.2.10 | EDD 7.9.11 | HB 7w2d & 8w4d | missed M/C 11w2d | D&E 12.21.10
    FSH at 14.5 - 4.21.11 | CCCT - (CD3 8.8,CD10 12.2)| dx w/ DOR @ 28 yrs old
    IUI#1 + clomid 8.29.11 (our anniversary)
    BFP#2 9.10.11 | EDD 5.21.12 | beta 1 @ 14dpi:232 | beta 2 @17dpi:703 | beta 3 @24dpi:7,174
    Baby A HB of 142(7w), 161(8w), 164(9w) | Baby B no HB, Vanishing Twin
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Purity by Philosophy and I use the microdermbrasion scrub by Philosophy about 2-3x a week. Love them both.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Clinique's 3 step skin care.
  • i've been using neutrogena foaming face cleanser for about a week and it seems to be working much better than the spectro jel i was using before. when it's done (or if it stops working), i'll probably get some cetaphil. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I  switched to First Aid Beauty a few months ago, after using Aveda for many years.  My skin freaked out when I went off bcp's, so I changed my whole routine.  Things settled down, but I have noticed more breakouts now that I'm pg.  From what I've read, acne is a pretty common reaction to the hormones.  
  • Cetaphil here also (actually, the CVS generic version). Scrubs have been irritating my skin lately so an aesthetician I saw for a facial recommended the Alba pineapple enzyme cleanser, left on for a couple of minutes in the shower. I love it.
  • I'm using bert's bees facial cleanser, not the acne fighting one with that sallysyllic-whatever acid in it.  and I LOVE it!

BFP#1 EDD 11/8/11 - MC @ 9w6d, 4/15/11 we said goodbye
    BFP#2 DD arrived 5/7/12
  • I use Melaluca or clinique.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • I use cetaphil daily face wash and I love it. My skin has been fantastic since I started using it had it is so gentle. I have had some serious rash and sensitivity issues since my bfp, but have had no problem with the cetaphil.
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • Murad Resurgence Renewing Cleansing Cream with my Clarisonic :)
  • I had an allergy panel done a year ago so I'm limited to what I can use.  That said, I've used a LOT of different things.  I was a loyal Mary Kay Timewise user, tried On a Clear Day from Philosophy before I got pregnant (due to break outs).  I loved it but it was pricey in my opinion.  Then I switched to Neutrogena's basic facial cleaner (in a blue bottle).  It cause MORE breakouts than it did any good.  So I looked at my approved list and thought okay, I'm going to try Cetaphil.  My brothers used to use it when they had acne and my mom loved how affordable it was.  I tell you what, I LOVE it.  It doesn't dry out my face and it has helped clear up some of the issues I had been having with the Neutrogena wash.  My face is soft and clean...I haven't noticed any excessive oiliness either.  The best $6 I've ever spent!

• I use the new neutrogena naturals cleanser at night because it removes makeup, but I like aveeno clarifying for day use.  I also had to start using a toner because my face was so oily and breaking out all the time, so I'm using Keihl's Rare Earth pore minimizing toner and it has made a huge difference.  My face almost stopped breaking out completely once I added that step in.  I do still use benzoyl peroxide cream at night a few nights a week to.  Hope you find something that helps...now I'm fighting my bacne...I'm glad it's there and not on my face, but it's getting ridiculous!
  • I've been using Mary Kay face wash for the past 12 years and dont think I'll ever switch, I love it.
  • I use Avon clear skin wash. It's got little scrubbers that exfolleate (sp).
  • I use philosophy purity wash.
  • I used Philosophy before I got pregnant. But, after it just didn't seem to work. So, I went back to Clinique's 3-Step system and it has really cleared up my skin. I still get occasional pimples, but nothing like before. I love Clinique!

BFP 9/8/10... D&C 10/18/10
    RIP Angel Bear We will always love and miss you xoxo

BFP 10/7/2011; EDD 7/15/12 - STICK BABY STICK!!!!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Typically, I use Philosophy's Purity Made Simple.  However, last pregnancy, I found that it wasn't doing the trick.  I stared having some acne.  Now I'm using Belli Skincare's acne wash, which is specifically designed for pregnant women.  I like it, and it seems to be doing a good job. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Once touched by pain, you're not the same But time can heal your heart again So let the clouds that bring you down Just fade away...
  • I love Cetaphil and CeraVe. A little more expensive, but they work awesome.
    BFP#1: 5/10/2011 MC: 6/13/2011 9w4d BFP#2: 10/21/2011 MC: 10/28/2011 chemical pregnancy BFP#3: 11/28/2011 EDD: 08/09/2012 {{Big hugs}} to my BFPbuddy lovinlife23!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL/PAL always welcome
  • St Ives Green Tea scrub.  its really small particles, so doesn't rough up your face as much as some others do.  after that I use basic Clearcil cream and a neutrogena sentsative skin, oil free moisturizer.  this is after trying the expensive Neutrogena, Clinique and Proactive last pregnancy.
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"