Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Another Diva Cup question

What do you use to clean it with? Daily? At the end of AF?

Thanks.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Another Diva Cup question

• Options
    I wash every time I empty it (3x/day) with soap and water. At the end of AF I wash and then boil it.
  • Options
    I wash it with soap and water every time I empty it unless I am stuck in a stall in a public restroom, then I just wipe it off with TP and put it back in.  I don't boil mine at the end of my cycle b/c up until kdello posting, I didn't realize you could do that!  Thanks kdello!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used the diva wash that was recommended by the product box. But I'm curious if any other mild, non-scented soap would work because it is pricey and I can't stand the name. DH makes fun of my "diva" body needing "special wash" all the time. 
  • Options
    I rinse and "scrub" it with my fingers when i empty it and then boil it between cycles.  Using soap cause problems, but i've never tried the pH-balanced soaps made for cleaning cups.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options

I use Dr. Bronner's unscented daily (but not every time I empty- I empty a lot the first few days!). I boil occasionally after a cycle, but not every time.

After 3 1/2 years of hope and prayers, our sweet baby girl is here! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageJoeysLady:
    I wash it with soap and water every time I empty it unless I am stuck in a stall in a public restroom, then I just wipe it off with TP and put it back in.  I don't boil mine at the end of my cycle b/c up until kdello posting, I didn't realize you could do that!  Thanks kdello!

Sho' thang! Boiling it or using hydrogen peroxide are the only ways I feel like it gets clean enough. The Divacup website has directions on boiling if you're not sure.

• Options

imagemargaretkaye1:
    If you boil it at the end of your cycle, do you do anything to it at the beginning of the next cycle? Seems like you should do SOMEthing, since its been sitting around.
    I keep it in it's pouch in the cupboard; it's clean and dust-free and since the case is breathable cotton there's no concern about fungal growth.

ETA: And by "cupboard" i mean the cabinet in the bathroom... not next to the dinner plates :) 

Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options
    imagemargaretkaye1:
    If you boil it at the end of your cycle, do you do anything to it at the beginning of the next cycle? Seems like you should do SOMEthing, since its been sitting around.
    uh, rinse it off?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"