October 2011 Moms
Options

2 sets of twins!

My dh and I went to his boss's house tonight to watch the UFC fights. Dh's boss is married to his cousin so they are also family. They have a set of 18 month old twin, a boy and girl. I walked into the kitchen to give dh's cousin a tray of pickle wraps and saw that she was noticably pregnant. I was pissed dh hadn't told me. She must have noticed the look on my face and said, "We just started telling people today, we're pregnant!" She looked very pregnant, so I couldn't believe they had kept it secret for so long. She then asked me to guess how far along she was. I told her that was a loaded question! She then said she was 12 weeks along...with twins again! We thought she was joking at first! No joke. Both times ttc they got pregnant the first month with twins. I can't even imagen!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: 2 sets of twins!

• Options
    I would seriously have to become an atheist. No loving, benign God would do that to me.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options
    imageClaireFraser1:

It's entirely possible to have twins naturally twice.  I think I saw a special on TLC once about a family with like 4 sets of twins or something.  It was crazy.

edited: removed a statement to stay drama-free.

Yeah, my dad's ex wife had two sets of twins. One with him and one with her second husband. OF course she had like 12 children total so I figure it would have happened eventually. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow! 

I actually new some chlidren when I was a big younger there mother had twins then a set of triplets. She was low income and did not have any treatments but oh boy was she surprised  

• Options
    Some women's bodies are just more likely to release two eggs at a time, assuming her twins are both fraternal, sounds like that's what happened!  That said, I'd be thrilled but also terrified at the same time, lol.  And DH would definitely be getting a vasectomy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have heard of this before. There house is going to be crazy. I already have one toddler and a newborns. They keep me pretty busy. If I had double of what I have now I think I would cry in a corner somewhere. At least until school years start.
    ~I Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Posting from an Android sorry for any errors
  • Options

imagecrystalbaby:
    So her 1st set of twins are going to be 2 when the next set of twins are born!? No way that I could mentally/physically handle that. Do you know if they were undergoing fertility treatments? That would be insane to get pregnant with twins naturally twice in a row. I hope they can afford to hire a nanny. Or 2!

No fertility treatments. They can afford a nanny, they are very well off. If it was me we would be totally screwed! Both sets are faternal, so she must release more then one egg when she ovulates. She said she just wanted one more baby and was saying how nice it would be just to have one baby instead of two this time, and then she got the ultrasound! I don't think she'll be trying for "just one more" again!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

When i was about 32 weeks pregnant there was a lady in my OBs office for her 6 week PP visit with twins. I overheard her talking to the receptionist that they both will have to drive to daycare since they can't get 4 infant carriers in their car.

She has Irish twin, twins...... I wonder if they will all be in the same grade

• Options
    I struggle day in & day out w/ my twins & a NB I couldn't even imagine another set of twins..  I'd definitely be in a mental hospital.  If my twins were already older & I had twins again I wouldn't mind it, but not at the age they are now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"