Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Oxo Tooli Nightlight for Nursery?

Does anyone have this nightlight?  I think it was recommended on Lucie's List but I don't know of anyone who actually has this nightlight.  I am thinking of getting it but it's a bit expensive for a nightlight ($34 on Amazon).  It seems nice because it's two lights in one (the charger base is a light and then the removable piece you can carry around the room or even throughout your house for a light source).  Or if you have a nightlight you love, please recommend it.  Thanks so much!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Oxo Tooli Nightlight for Nursery?

• Options
    I have been looking at these too, waiting to hear what the reply is. I am hoping these work for us since our house is an old farm house & does not have many outlets & the two in the nursery are blocked so conventional nighlights don't work for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have them and like them, but haven't had much use for them (babe is only a week old though). There are also wall lights sold at BRU with a similar concept a lot cheaper, but those are fixed to the wall. I don't have problems walking to where I am going so much as wanting a very soft light once I get there. I prefer to have the second hand free to hold the swaddle that is inevitably falling off the kiddo.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10962440&searchURL=true 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just purchased and received 2 of the single tooli nightlights (one for each of our bed side tables).  I originally wanted to the blue / green one but could not find it and since we are having a boy I did not want the orange / pink set.  The yellow ones are really nice and it will be nice that each of us has quick access to one (prevent the other person from being woken up).  I did not know until they arrived but the base can also light up underneat so that you can find the lights in the middle of the night.  We have not used them for real yet but we have them set up in our room and they look cool.
    IVF #1 - DS #1 Born 2/5/12 IVF #2 - Egg Retrieval 2/14, Embryo Transfer 2/17, BFP 2/28/13 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh I bought mine at diapers.com i think they were $22 each (cheaper than amazon).
    IVF #1 - DS #1 Born 2/5/12 IVF #2 - Egg Retrieval 2/14, Embryo Transfer 2/17, BFP 2/28/13 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I have the blue/green set and I LOVE it.  This is one of the best baby items I've purchased.  We've been using them for 4.5 months, and they keep a charge all night.  They give out just the right amount of light so as to not wake the baby in the middle of the night, and you can still see what you are doing. 

I bought the single yellow one for my sister (she had her baby a month ago), and she didn't know what it was or what was so special about it, but after she started using it she loves it too.

It is pricy, but I figure we'd use it for many years (into toddlerhood).

• Options

I thought about getting the gaurdian one. To put in the hall by the nursery, then pick up the glowing part to take in. It seems more convenient than the table kind, but IDK.

https://www.amazon.com/Kids-Nightlights-Candela-Guardian-Nightlight/dp/B0042G274U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1325268272&sr=8-2

• Options
    I love this light. The yellow one has a soft warm glow that illuminates just enough. If you are nursing, in the early days it is especially handy to use this light to check latch and to reassure yourself on positioning. I've also used it tucked in the corner of the cosleeper so that I can see LO at the touch of a button. Once we move him to his crib we'll keep it on the adjoining changing table. Love love love it.

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Thanks ladies! We ordered the yellow one from diap.ers.com for much cheaper than amazo.n! Thanks to the poster who said to check out diaper.s.com!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We didn't have one when DD was a baby, but we got her one recently and it's great.  She puts it right in bed with her at night and if she has to go to the bathroom she takes it with her.  In the morning she puts "Glowy" back on the stand to charge.  Now I wish I'd purchased a double to have one near the baby's crib as well. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"