Cincinnati Babies

OBGYN options in cincinnati. Where did you go?

Hi Everyone,

I am moving to Cincinnati in my 8th month and will be delivering the baby in Cincinnati. I am trying to find a good OBGYN center and doctor recommendation.

I am moving from California and absolutely love my doctor here. I am quite nervous about the move and finding a good doctor as its my first preglnancy. 

All suggestions will be highly appreciated. Please tell me where did you go? Who is your doctor?

Thanks in advance!

Re: OBGYN options in cincinnati. Where did you go?

• Samaritan OB/GYN -- they have a website -- just google the practice name.  They are connected to Good Sam hospital in the medical building.  I will be delivering at Good Sam as well.

• Not sure if you are specifically wanting an OB but if you are open to midwives I used the Tri-Health Nurse Midwives and LOVE them! I saw them for both of my pregnancies and Nancy just delivered my DD about a week and a half ago and I had an awesome birth experience thanks to them :-) I know a few other women on this board use them for pregnancy care as well as well-woman visits. They deliver at Good Sam hospital as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • depending on where in cincy I see Hill top OBGYN and LOVE them.  But they are north a little more. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • imageskyllingstadl:
    Not sure if you are specifically wanting an OB but if you are open to midwives I used the Tri-Health Nurse Midwives and LOVE them! I saw them for both of my pregnancies and Nancy just delivered my DD about a week and a half ago and I had an awesome birth experience thanks to them :-) I know a few other women on this board use them for pregnancy care as well as well-woman visits. They deliver at Good Sam hospital as well.

Could I ask you about your experience? I saw them before we got pregnant and my biggest concern about birth - I know it is WAY early, but I am a worry wart - is being able to explore different options and not be immediately on my back with an IV in my arm.  

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageRusalkaSings:

Could I ask you about your experience? I saw them before we got pregnant and my biggest concern about birth - I know it is WAY early, but I am a worry wart - is being able to explore different options and not be immediately on my back with an IV in my arm.  

Dr. Bowen and Dr. Wall may be a good option for you as well. https://www.thebowencenter.com/  I have seen both the Trihealth Midwives for my first delivery and Dr. Bowen for my second.

@Pwaterlilly, do you know what part of town you are moving to?  what kind of birth would you like to have?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love Mt. Auburn Women's Center and especially Dr. Fitzgerald and Dr. Wendel. 

https://www.mtauburnobgyn.com/

They deliver at Christ (I delivered there) and I have had great experiences with everyone at both the hospital and office. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageRusalkaSings:

imageskyllingstadl:
    Not sure if you are specifically wanting an OB but if you are open to midwives I used the Tri-Health Nurse Midwives and LOVE them! I saw them for both of my pregnancies and Nancy just delivered my DD about a week and a half ago and I had an awesome birth experience thanks to them :-) I know a few other women on this board use them for pregnancy care as well as well-woman visits. They deliver at Good Sam hospital as well.

Sure--was there anything in particular you want to know about? I had, what I consider, the most ideal hospital birth experience possible-- with DD I had a lot of prodromal labor/early labor (started contracting on Sun 11/27 @ 3am but real labor didnt start until around 6pm on Mon 11/28) Once my labor really started, things picked up fast-- hard contractions started at like 4pm on Mon but they were like 15 mins apart, by 6pm they were about 5-6 mins apart but like 1.5-2mins long and by 6:45pm they were so intense that I headed to the hospital. I called the midwives at 7pm as  I was walking (running haha) out of my house-- I left a message for the midwife on call, Nancy, to let her know I was coming in. She called back while we were driving to the hospital-- I was in transition in the car on the ride to the hospital and the contractions were really intense, I had a hard time working through them, had self-doubt, etc. I guess she could tell by the sound of my voice that things were serious that she told me that she would plan on direct admitting me.

By the time we got to the hospital at about 7:30pm, I was contracting so hard that I could barely make it up to L&D-- I had to get down on all fours in the lobby of Good Sam, again in the elevator and again at the entrance/triage area of L&D. By the time we got up to the 9th floor they were pretty ready for us-- I signed 1 paper and they got me back to my room. I got in the room and the transition phase pretty much was over and I was back to handling the contractions much better. I was SO thankful that I didnt have to be triaged because I really dont think I could have waited or been stuck  laying in bed for 20 mins based on how intense my labor was. Once I was in the room Nancy came in and checked me at 8pm and said I was 7cm, 100%-- she told me to just do what I needed to do. My SIL is a L&D nurse at Good Sam and was already working that night so she was my nurse which was great too! I labored in basically any and every position you can imagine, on all fours, on the toilet, standing up, on the birthing ball, leaning over the bed, etc. I was moving all over the place trying to keep things going. I started feeling a LOT of pressure and started feeling like I needed to go #2 so I called Nancy back in to check me, this was at about 8:20pm and she said I was 9cm and at this point she was going to just let my body do what it needed to do. If I felt the urge to push she said to just follow my bodies cues.

Not long after being checked I felt like I needed to push through all the contractions. At this point I couldnt find a good position to push in so they brought in the squatting bar per Nancy's suggestion and that helped, I also used the handles on the bed to brace myself during the pushing. I really liked that I was able to have self-directed pushing and not the "traditional" pushing experience like you see in movies/on tv. The monitoring was also really intermittent. My SIL basically just followed me as I moved positions and held the monitors to my belly so I could be in the most comfortable position (we put half the bed down so I could kneel and lean on the back of the bed). Good Sam also has a policy that patients have to be heplocked but since I was progressing so quickly I asked Nancy if we could skip that and she said....We will just wait and see basically knowing I would go so fast that a heplock wasnt necessary and she could just say we "didnt have time" if anyone asked why I didnt have one haha I REALLY appreciated this :-)

I pushed with my contractions for about 45 mins and then I had a really really strong one that I pushed with and my bag of water broke (really loud and gushed everywhere!) At this point I was laying on my left side with a pillow between my legs (similar to the Bradley position). After my water broke things got intense and I reached down and could feel the baby's head even with my legs closed so I knew it was close to being time to push her out. Nancy had me open my legs and I rolled onto my back and she actually had me slow down with the pushing so she could do perineal massage. I pushed a few times and 4 minutes after my water breaking Maggie was born! She went directly on my belly and stayed there until the cord stopped pulsing. Her cord was too short to make it to my chest. Once the cord stopped pulsing Nancy had my DH cut it and Maggie went up to my chest. She started nursing a few minutes later and stayed on my chest for the first hour. I delivered the afterbirth with her still on me and I was SO happy we had that time to bond :-) Maggie was 7lbs 1.4oz, 20 inches long and I had no tears even with the fast delivery. I wouldnt have changed a single thing-- Nancy stayed with me for at least 2 hours after Maggie was born-- she was just fantastic!

Every single thing I had on my birth plan happened even down to having my labor music playing and lights turned down low. I was also able to have all my family (my best friend, my 3 SIL's, my MIL & my older sister/doula) there to see the birth of my baby which was really special to me also. I dont think I would have had as good of an experience if I didnt have the midwives really on track with what I was hoping for.

Sorry this is so long-- hopefully this answers any questions you have and gives you an idea of the options that are possible! Oh and since things went so fast this time I didnt get a chance to use it but with my DS I used the labor tubs at Good Sam to labor in since his situation was a medical induction and I was there for a while. If I had gone to the hospital earlier this time I probably would have used it again but we werent realy there long enough to do it :-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I love Dr. Ringgenberg in Kenwood, she delivered Zachary and I will cry if she decides to retire before I am done having kids. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thankyou so much to all. I love you all.. sorry for late response I didnt get any notification of replies.

@Doodlebug, I will be in Mason area. I dont know which hospital will be more convenient. I thought Bethesda and Children's hospital is my option.

TriHealth sounds a good option.as long as I do not see a different doctor in my visit based on who's on call that day.

I will be making researching/calling to  all  options you lovely ladies have suggested and get back to you.

• imageskyllingstadl:

Aww! I <3 Nancy.

I would also recommend this group; they're excellent, and Good Sam is a fantastic hospital.  

• Hello Mommies,

I liked Good Sam and Christ but I will be living near Mason area which would be really far. So I am thinking of Bethesda Hospital. Any idea about this hospital?

'Seven Hills Women's health center' and  'Group health associates' are under my consideration. Need recommendation for Doctors with these groups near Mason/Montgomery area. Anybody?

any information will be helpful.. thanks in advance:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"