May 2012 Moms

Is the snoogle worth it?

Moms-to-be with a snoogle: is it worth the money? My back hurts throughout the night and so I need to get some more support, but I'm wondering if that's the best option or if there's something better out there.

Thanks for sharing your opinions!

ETA: We have a queen-sized bed, so I can't get anything that'll take up too much room or else DH will fall out of bed in the middle of the night!

Re: Is the snoogle worth it?

• I have had mine for a while and I love it to death! I suggest you get it.  have had it the whole day at the hospital and it has helped back pain.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The snoogle is amazing!!! It will def be tight in a queen size bed, but you could make it work.  Worse comes to worse though, the husband can just sleep on the couch!
  • Loading the player...
  • I just got one on Friday and LOVE it!  Some people complain about having to flip in when they roll, but I actually like having the option of having it support my back or front depending on how I'm feeling.  I've also wrapped it around myself when sitting around working on the computer and it made that much more comfortable on my back too.  Good luck with whatever you choose!
  • yes! it is definitely worth it. We have a queen size bed and it fits just fine with DH and I in the bed

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As much as I want to like the snoogle because of the name, it is not really working for me. Find that the part where you lay your head does not have enough give for me and keeps my neck propped up too high which makes my neck hurt after using it for just a 2 hour little nap. We have a queen size bed and let me just tell you, it is tight, and I am not even that far along, when the snoogle is in the bed. It takes up ALOT of space.
  • We have a queen size bed and are not two skinny people, either, and it's really fine on room... My hubby is average size and I am overweight. When I keep it on my edge, he doesn't even know it's in the bed. When I put it in the middle of us (if I am laying on my right side), he always kisses it goodnight and gives it a pat to make a joke that it is taking up too much room, but he is just joking. I did buy a regular body pillow from Walmart first and was so disappointed and mad that I didn't just buy the Snoogle. Sometimes I use it with a pillow underneath for extra support and sometimes I use it flat. To be honest, lately I've been waking up and half of it is on the floor lol but that is just me kicking it out. The only problem I have with it is that my hands are falling asleep (whichever hand correlating to the side I am on), but even when I sleep on my side without the Snoogle, that happens, so it's not the Snoogle's fault! lol
    --Danielle :-)
  • it's worth-it. luckily my friend let me borrow hers...but if she hadn't i wouldnt have gotten it on my own

TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

• it is a much have for me, if i end up spending mid afternoon in bed reading thats when i really love it!
  • Yes, yes, yes x100. I love my Snoogle.

I also have a queen size bed. My husband is a BIG guy and I'm pushing 190 at this point. We both fit just fine in the bed with the pillow...and we have 2 dogs sleeping with us as well.  You should be good. Smile

• I was given the boppy body pillow for Christmas (a week early) and I can't imagine not having it!!  It's so nice to have one that curls around you.  It's not too big and we're in a queen as well.  Buy whichever one you're stuck on and enjoy!!

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Got one for Xmas, love it! Took a few nights to get it where I wanted it, but then it was smooth sailing and better sleep.
  • I like having the option of which side to sleep against as well.  I have it in the middle of us so I can get out of bed at night to go to the bathroom.  Much better sleep since getting it.  I used to be a stomach sleeper.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • I love mine.  One nice thing is that it's narrower than a normal pillow so it takes up less room in the bed between me and DH than a bunch of pillows at my back would.  I'm a back sleeper.  I have found I can still manage to end up on my back some but the snoogle helps me be more at an angle and not flat on my back.  I really like mine a lot.  If your BBB has it in store, you can use the 20% off coupon (it's normally $60 there but it includes a removable cover).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"