LGBT Parenting
Options

If I may complain (Dragon Tattoo spoilers)

Went to see The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo last night. I wasn't totally sure I wanted to see it b/c I knew some of it would be hard to watch, but I love David Fincher and really enjoyed the book, and I was curious about how Rooney Mara was going to pull off Lisbeth Salander.

So yes, it was hard to watch. But what blew me away was that the two women behind me had no comment about the rape, the incest, the many graphic photos of murdered women, etc. - and yet felt compelled to say "Ewww!" and make tsk noises when Lisbeth kissed another woman at a bar.  

Great priorities there, ladies. I got up and moved.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: If I may complain (Dragon Tattoo spoilers)

• Options
    I may have given DP a big smooch on my way to another seat! lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO US! When we went and saw it the two ladies (I use that term loosely) decided to ewwww. One said now they've ruined the movie. I'm sorry, what? I just lifted the arm rest between J and I and she cuddled up to me. :) It's very obvious we are both women lol They ended up moving down three seats so they weren't behind us but that was fine with me. The guy next to us high-fived us though lol 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ha, good for you! I saw it with a straight friend, who probably did not want to cuddle with me, no matter how supportive she is :-D

I don't remember anything like that happening when I was a regular movie-goer in Wichita(!) in the '90s. Blows my mind that I have to deal with it in Washington DC in 2012.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Hahaha I would've made my straight friend! I have recently discovered I don't have that many straight friends anymore? When did gay take over my life? LOL 

I live in East Jesus Nowhere Arkansas so it's to be expected lol  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"