June 2012 Moms
Options

Changing table poll

[Poll]
Photobucket
Nursed without dairy, egg, soy, peanut, treenut, fish, shellfish or beef for over a year.
Currently tandem nursing dairy, egg, and shellfish free.
DS born via emergency c/s after 20 hrs of labor. DD successful VBAC!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Learning Liam

Re: Changing table poll

• Options
    The crib we're looking to get has a changing table on top of a side table (or what will convert to a side table)
  • Options

imagecelestialnyte:
    The crib we're looking to get has a changing table on top of a side table (or what will convert to a side table)

I forgot about that option. I'll add a SS option! 

Photobucket
    Nursed without dairy, egg, soy, peanut, treenut, fish, shellfish or beef for over a year.
    Currently tandem nursing dairy, egg, and shellfish free.
    DS born via emergency c/s after 20 hrs of labor. DD successful VBAC!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Learning Liam
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We put a changing pad on top of a desk for #1 but we almost never bothered to use it. It was upstairs and we were usually downstairs and it turns out I'm too lazy to go up a flight of stairs every time a baby poops. So now we just keep a blanket, wipes, and some diapers in a corner next to the couch in the living room and change the kids on that.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I voted 'going tableless' because that's what we've done before and will do again. But I do think, if someone wants to use a change table, a change pad on a dresser is a better option than a separate change table, which just seem like a waste of space to me.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We did a changing pad on top of a dresser for #1, but by the time #2 came around we mostly just changed her on the floor or on a diaper changing pad (from our diaper bag) on the couch and I'll do the same for #3.
    DC1 (2.5) | DC2 (1) | #3 due 6.1.2012
  • Options
    We have a changing table b/c it's part of the dresser/hutch we got with our crib from dh's coworker. I think it's been used maybe 4-5 times. It's just way easier to change a kid on the floor, couch or bed to me.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We've got a traditional changing table this time. With DD, we couldn't afford one and just used a changing pad on the bed and kept a second one downstairs in the living room to use on the floor. Unfortunately, our bed was a little low for me and killed my back. Ditto for getting up and down off the floor. This time around, I was adamant I wanted a changing table of the correct height to save strain on my back.

That said, the bed really did work just fine from a practical point of view. It was soft, warm and wide so no risk of baby rolling off. Plus, a heck of a lot cheaper too.

The changing table is really just my personal luxury this time around.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagej.d.gal:

We have a dresser with a changing pad on top.  The dresser was made to accommodate one and was a free hand me down, so that was a no brainer for us.  

We must be strange because we always change LO on it.  We have a small house, though.

Not sure what we'll do for #2, especially since we are moving into a bigger two story house. 

I did the pad on top of a dresser with DS, as well, and I always used it!  I didn't start using the floor or bed, until he was too tall to comfortably lay on the dresser set-up any more (and by then, he was potty training).  I plan to to the same set-up with this next LO.

IAmPregnant Ticker Support with Integrity
  • Options

I'm not sure how a changing table is a "waste of space" considering that they have storage shelves underneath them. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't want baby pee/poo on my floor, bed, or couch. The one time I actually changed DD on the bed, she peed everywhere. It rolled right off the changing pad and onto the sheets. No thanks.

We have no need for a dresser in DD's room. All of her clothes are hung. We have a cubby storage unit for her socks/bibs/bloomers/etc, which also has enough cubbies for toys. The changing table has four baskets underneath where we keep linens, diapers, and misc baby hygiene items (snot sucker, lotion, etc).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We still use a traditional changing table with DD and will also use it with #2. 
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    We went with a changing table that was on top of a long dresser. I think I actually used it 3 times! I found that I changed DD either on the floor downstairs or on her crib mattress. Really it was a matter of where we were at the time. I personally would not spend the money on a full out changing table.
  • Options
    imageSweetHurricane:

I'm not sure how a changing table is a "waste of space" considering that they have storage shelves underneath them. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't want baby pee/poo on my floor, bed, or couch. The one time I actually changed DD on the bed, she peed everywhere. It rolled right off the changing pad and onto the sheets. No thanks.

We have no need for a dresser in DD's room. All of her clothes are hung. We have a cubby storage unit for her socks/bibs/bloomers/etc, which also has enough cubbies for toys. The changing table has four baskets underneath where we keep linens, diapers, and misc baby hygiene items (snot sucker, lotion, etc).

I'm with you.  It always seemed the second the diaper came off my DS he would start peeing - and he had some distance so there is no way it would have stayed on a pad on the bed.  I would have been constantly changing the sheets.

He's 14 months and we're still using the changing table.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"