March 2012 Moms
Options

I have a cold

I woke up this am with a sore throat and the sniffles on and off then a stuffy nose. I don't have a fever thank goodness. Anyone have any safe cold remedies I could try. I hate being sick and not being able to take anything.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I have a cold

• Options
    If your throat can tolerate it, spicy food helped me relieve my sinuses and sort of sweat out some of the bad stuff when I was dealing with the same thing. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

these are all safe in pg and are natural items, mostly of which can be found at the health food store:

Super Silver- Immune system support
    Probiotic- Immune system support
    Chestal Honey- For coughs (by Boiron)
    Oscilloccinum- For flu symptoms
    Emergen C- Immune system support
    Engystol- For slowing down viral replication (by Heel)
    Flu Plus- For flu symptoms (by Heel)
    Sambucol Black Elderberry- Immune system support
    Grapefruit Seed Extract- Immune system support

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Get a humidifier for sleeping at night!  Seriously, that machine does wonders. 

We have this one: https://www.amazon.com/Vicks-99-999%25-Germ-Free-Humidifier/dp/B001FWXJHS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1325350129&sr=8-2

I like it so much that after we got it for DS, dh and I bought one for our room too.  We'll get one for DD after she arrives if we don't get it as a gift. 

Twice during this pregnancy I've thought I was getting a sinus infection based on what was draining (sorry for the graphic image).  I ran that the first night of the suspected issues and it never turned into one. 

• Options
    Thank you so mcuh everyone! Ive slept most of the day away and have had tea with lemon and honey and I feel much better. I appreciate all the advice.
  • Options
    imagekel716:

Get a humidifier for sleeping at night!  Seriously, that machine does wonders. 

We have this one: https://www.amazon.com/Vicks-99-999%25-Germ-Free-Humidifier/dp/B001FWXJHS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1325350129&sr=8-2

I like it so much that after we got it for DS, dh and I bought one for our room too.  We'll get one for DD after she arrives if we don't get it as a gift. 

Twice during this pregnancy I've thought I was getting a sinus infection based on what was draining (sorry for the graphic image).  I ran that the first night of the suspected issues and it never turned into one. 

I have a cold too and my mom bought me this same humidifier and I love it. Also tea and orange juice help somewhat.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

PUSH LOTS OF FLUIDS! 

Most of your fluids will be coming out of your nose or draining down your throat.  Drink so much you feel like you'll explode from more fluid intake. :) 

I had a bad cold for 4 days - went to the walk-in at my OB's suggestion and was diagnosed with bronchitis.  I'm on day 10 (done with the Z-pack) and feeling better, but still sick.  (coughing, hard to breath)

Fluids make a huge difference - that and sleeping with a humidifier, like PPs have suggested.  Night or day difference! 

Feel better! 

~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Options
    I have a cold too :( I feel awful, but am trying to push through it. I have an appt with the ob on Friday so if I'm still sick then, hopefully they can do something.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"