2nd Trimester
Options

Fetal Heart doppler use everyday?

I can't help but use my doppler everyday! Does anyone use there's everyday?? I find the heart beat so fast I use it for like less then 60secs. I told my hub he needs to hide it from me. Ive lost 2 babys in the past thats why I check once a day. I wanna start using it once a week. I couldnt find anything saying it was harmful to use it everyday. What do you think??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fetal Heart doppler use everyday?

• Options

I use mine every day without fail. I can also find my babies heartbeats really fast now, so I rarely use it for more than a minute. My doctor said it's perfectly safe. Smile

I read some hoodoo on the internet somewhere about the doppler heating up the amniotic fluid, and that's why I asked him about it. He just told me to stay away from Google. LOL

• Options
    My grandma talked me out of getting one but I still kinda want it. I'm jealous you do get to check :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I use mine almost every day.  I can't see any reason why it would be dangerous to LO. Plus, if there were any possibilities of harm, I'm sure there would be a warning...

Enjoy hearing your LO(s)!!! 

• Options
    I use mine everyday also. I love to hear my little one daily. Nothing is better than hearing my sweet little bundle everyday. I mean, isn't that why we bought them? Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I use mine everyday also. I love to hear my little one daily. Nothing is better than hearing my sweet little bundle everyday. I mean, isn't that why we bought them? Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageBonidiebabe:
    My grandma talked me out of getting one but I still kinda want it. I'm jealous you do get to check :(

Why on earth would she talk you out of it?  Mine is the best thing ever!  There's still time to get one.  Smile

• Options
    Dh broke the screen he dropped it and stepped on it. He didn't mean to it was under the blanket. So now its hard to tell cause the baby finally moved but it moved right by mine and I think the placenta. Sad I am now back to worrying if everything is ok lost 3 babies.  
  • Options
    I use my almost everyday! I love hearing that heart beating!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I think why they say that dopplers are dangerous because moms might feel like something is wrong but use the doppler to reassure themselves. So you might be missing something going wrong by just checking the heatbeat. I know my OB told me 2 stories of women having stillborns because of this. So, he just cautioned me about it and never said that they were dangerous or not to use or anything.

I am so worried about being over worried that I think I would be like one of those women. "Well, the heartbeat is still there so everything must be fine".

If I had one I would totally use it everyday.

BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options

I used mine pretty frequently but tried to avoid daily just because I'd work myself up in a panic if I couldn't hear the HB for an extended amount of time.

Little guy moves so frequently and nearly on que now that it's not even necessary :)

• Options

I use mine everyday. I love hearing my baby's heartbeat. It makes me feel better knowing everything is going good. I've had issues in the past so hearing it makes me feel better until my doctor visit. Love my fetal doppler.

BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Of course once I start feeling the baby move more often I will stop using it so much. Thanks everyone!!
  • Options
    I've been using mine every other day.  I can't find anything online that says it's not safe, but I've had two doctors tell me to limit my use because they use u/s waves and there aren't adequate studies to prove they're 100% safe.
    TTC since August 2009
    June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
    23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
    September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
    October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
    Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
    Baby Sweets born on her due date!
  • Options

The only issue I'm aware of is that if it's aimed at the baby's ear, it will sound as loud as a freight train to him/her -- but baby will kick/swim away if that's the case.

I've had six miscarriages, so I was using a home doppler every three days or so from about 13 weeks until 18-19 weeks or so (until I started feeling regular movement -- then I was only using it on days I didn't feel any movement).

Then, a couple of weeks ago, baby decided he does NOT like the doppler (I guess his hearing had developed well enough by then?)... he immediately gives a good, hard kick to get away from it! (The first time this happened, I heard the kicking sound on doppler, felt the kick, and saw the doppler wand jump slightly on my belly at the same time!)

I decided after this happened twice that if he hates it so much, I'm NOT going to annoy him with it unless absolutely necessary (e.g. if I stop feeling now-daily movement)! 

Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I used to use it every day until the babies started moving, now I just sit around and wait for that every day. 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other. =)
    Married 07/2011 <3
    ID Twin girls 04/2012 <3<3
    Baby #3 Due Jan. 2017  <3

• Options
    I was using mine every other day, then twice a week but now that I can feel the baby moving all the time I don't use it at all.
  • Options
    imageallisonmarie22:

imageBonidiebabe:

Why on earth would she talk you out of it?  Mine is the best thing ever!  There's still time to get one.  Smile

She is old school and doesn't appreciate technology. Yet, I understand where she is coming from. She just said that LO is fine leave him alone and let him grow. I am to the point now where i feel alot of movement so I am not sure its neccessary for me to have one. I just really enjoy the time in the doc office where we get to hear LO's heartbeat. Its so precious!

• Options

I've never read any reports on 2 headed babies being born due to excessive doppler use....so I think you're good.

Plus, you'll be able to feel LO move soon and you probably won't need to use it as much.

I think that it is safer for you to relieve your stress by using the doppler than it would be to worry about overuse and not use it to ease your worries. I think you're golden ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"