High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

On Hospital Bed Rest!

I am 20 weeks pregnant with G/B/G Triplets and I am having preterm labor and dilation so I am now on hospital bed rest. I will be having a cerclage put in and I am on other medicine to stop contractions and dilation. Thanks
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: On Hospital Bed Rest!

• Options

Wow... Triplets!  Congrats!  Sorry you are on bed rest, but you are in good company here.  We have a daily bed rest check-in post on weekdays... Come join us for support, insight and some laughs!

Good luck to you! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good Luck to you.  Those babies need to cook awhile longer! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Congratulations on the triplets! That is amazing!! My SIL was pregnant with twins, had GD, on bed rest and medication to prevent preterm labor, as well as on monitors on her to keep up with her contractions. She had two healthy babies at 37 weeks! One weighed 6 pounds, and one weighed 7. You can do it! It sounds like you are being taken care of very well. 

I was just put on bed rest...but at home. Although, I am only having one baby and I am 33 weeks. Feel thankful that they caught everything early and are able to control it! Just keep your head up! You are doing a great job keeping those sweet babies in there! 

• Options
    Wow Triplets. Congrats. Welcome to bedrest. I was in the hospital for 3 days this week and am back home. Just think soon enough your little ones will be here and your gonna miss bedrest.
  • Options

You can do it. Its a hard road and you will have good days and bad days.

I did a month in the hospital here are a few of the things that got me through.

Make a schedule for yourself, the nurses will ask you when you will like to monitor etc. I would wake up at 9 and take my meds, order breakfast, monitor, shower... etc

Take time for you and dh. I felt so disconnected from my husband he would try to sit in the bed with me and then nurses would come in. We just never got any alone time. So if you are allowed wheelchair rides? Go to the caf or the chapel or the gift shop. Also we found playing card or board games was nice. 

I wasnt able to read between the interruptions and the meds making me feel off. So I did projects that didnt take much mind. Making baby hats on a circle loom etc.

Good luck my dear, everyone is here to help you make it through this!

• Options
    imageFIRST311:

You can do it. Its a hard road and you will have good days and bad days.

I did a month in the hospital here are a few of the things that got me through.

Make a schedule for yourself, the nurses will ask you when you will like to monitor etc. I would wake up at 9 and take my meds, order breakfast, monitor, shower... etc

Take time for you and dh. I felt so disconnected from my husband he would try to sit in the bed with me and then nurses would come in. We just never got any alone time. So if you are allowed wheelchair rides? Go to the caf or the chapel or the gift shop. Also we found playing card or board games was nice. 

I wasnt able to read between the interruptions and the meds making me feel off. So I did projects that didnt take much mind. Making baby hats on a circle loom etc.

Good luck my dear, everyone is here to help you make it through this!

I am not allowed out of bed yet. Using a bed pan and shower every other day or so but sitting. I have been doing lots of reading and making a patch work blanket. 

• Options
    Oh man that is tough! Im so sorry. Hopefully that wont last long and you will be able to have a little more freedom
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"