Nurseries and Baby Gear

Do you really need a PNP mattress and/or extra sheets?

My husband and I purchased a very basic Graco PNP (no newborn napper or changing table) and I'm confused as to whether we need any additional linens for it.  Any advice would be appreciated!

Re: Do you really need a PNP mattress and/or extra sheets?

• Is the cover washable?  You want to be able to wash whatever baby is laying on.  So either some sheets, receiving blankets you can lay out or the like. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My mom bought a mattress for the PNP she keeps at her house because she didn't think the pad it came with was soft enough.  I thought that was silly.  The sheets, on the other hand, I felt were necessary for us.  DS spit up a lot, and we changed them quite frequently.  We started out with 2, and I ended up with 4 because they had to be changed so often.  While you can wipe the surface of the pad, I think it is important to have something that can be thoroughly washed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • mattress = waste

Sheets = needed, 2 should be good if you own a washer

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have 2 sheets for ours. It is generally not recommended to add any other padding or mattresses for safety reasons (at least with my basic Graco PnP it isn't). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You don't want any extra padding (such as an extra mattress) for sleeping. It's completely unsafe. We had 2 sheets and it was fine. I DID get a mattress for play time during the day though when I was awake and watcing. DS hated laying in the bottom once we lowered the thin mattress that came with it because of the bars you could feel through the bottom. 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • These are great.  Highly recommend.

They add a little cushion.  That mattress feels like cardboard otherwise.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Our son needed extra comfort and we now use the MamaDoo Kids mattress topper. It is firm and it folds in 3. They have a better price in their website than in amazon. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"