Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

When Did You Ditch the Infant Tub?

I think it might be time to get rid of the infant tub. LO is sitting up really well and seems to get bored in the infant tub. I think she would have more fun splashing around in the big tub. Also, the infant tub is kinda a pain and takes up so much space. Have you gotten rid of the infant tub and if so when? 

Re: When Did You Ditch the Infant Tub?

• Options
    We stopped using it a few weeks ago.  It was such a hassle and he grabs everything, so it was tough to try to contain him in the little tub.  Now, he gets a bath in the bathtub with his older brother.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We just stopped about a week ago - my son is six months - but we have a big tub and I did not feel comfortable putting him in there. So we got this https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Inflatable-Bathtub-Winnie-Pooh/dp/B004FTQ9CK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325515628&sr=8-1 and like it quite a bit. He can sit there comfortably and if he slips, he is cushioned by the sides.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When LO began sitting up on his own... We let him get in the big tub if we aren't running late and let him have a little fun splashing around. He usually ends up in the kitchen sink if it's a weekday, just much easier for me to get finished and have dinner ready by the time H is home. Usually LO gets put to bed by H since he gets home right around his bedtime.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We stopped using it about 2 1/2 months ago when he started trying to sit up in it and his head was hanging off the end!

He was *mostly* sitting up on his own, but I knew he wasn't ready for the tub by himself. I got this seat from walmart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dream-Baby-Deluxe-Bath-Seat/13213087, and it worked perfect! (sorry - can't make clicky)

This weekend, I got a non-slip mat from target and ditched the chair. He sits on the mat and is fine. :-)

Our miracle has arrived! Benjamin Aaron, born 6/23/11 image
    Picture courtesy of Heidi Keene Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We stopped using it when DD was 4 months. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We stopped at about 4 months, when he learned how to splash like crazy lol.  Rather than put it in our tub, we just ditched it and DS and I have a bath together every night.  It's my favorite part of every single day.
    PCOS Clomid x 4 = BFN Met, Femara, Trigger x3 = BFP! EDD: May 18, 2011 Baby Boy born May 13, 2011 via emergency C section Our Friday the 13th miracle!
  • Options
    We stopped a few months ago.  Now, I bathe DS and DD together.  It's so much easier than doing two separate bath times.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My little precious girl is almost 7 months.  I sometimes still use the tub (if she is really tired and cranky) but other times I just place a heavy towel folded i and lay it on the bottom of the tub.  It creates a no slip surface and cushions ther little tushie! :)
  • Options
    after maybe 4-5 baths. She started bathing with me and it was so much easier.
  • Options
    When our LO was about 3 months old we moved her into the big tub and used the little hammock.  Our baby tub was given to us and it was the kind they sit up reclined in and none of us liked it very much, to save room we just got rid of it and she likes the big tub way better.
    Formerly the untaggable Mrs. D S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    We stopped using it when he was about 6 months around the time he started sitting up on his own.  It was just a pain to get it out and set up for every bath.  We just put a couple of inches of water in the big tub with a few toys.
    Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    we do a blow up tub now. we did the infant tub before. I should have made the switch LONG ago when she started sitting on her own... she loves it and it is so much less stressful. I thought about doing the regular tub but she throws herself back when she is excitied and i am afraid of her hitting her head.
  • Options
    we stopped using it around 5 months...he sits up and now crawls around the tub. He LOVES it! i only fill it up with like 2-3 inches of water and have a rubber mat on the bottom so it's pretty safe. obviously i'm sitting right there but he likes to splash around and move
  • Options
    We were using the Tummy Tub, but we just switched to giving him a bath with his sister.  He still fits comfortably in the T.T. but it's easier to do them both at the same time in the same place.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We still use our infant tub or else I take a bath with DD in our regular bath tub. It's more comfortable for me to bathe with her than it is to kneel on the floor next to the tub to make sure she doesn't slide around. I either need to get one of those inflatable tubs so she can be safer in the tub without me in it with her or I need a good skid proof mat to put in there.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    I think the last time we used it was when she was between 5.5 - 6 months.  Since then we either let her bath in the big tub with about 2 inches of water or if she needs a quick bath she will go straight in the smaller half of the kitchen sink.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    As soon as they were both able to sit unsupported. That was at about 6 months.
    Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    At 3 months. DS is a long baby and the infant tub seemed so small. We started bathing him in the adult tub. First I would take a shower and then fill up the tub and take the LO with me. And that has been working for us for almost 3 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"