Pregnant after IF

Do you see your doctor?

I haven't seen my doctor since the FET. I called to see if I could talk to somebody about graduating to the OB earlier, and I was told absolutely not because I will not see the doctor until the fourth u/s. That to me seems odd that I won't see the doctor. Is this the norm?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Do you see your doctor?

• I had an appointment with my RE after our 3rd u/s at 9w2d. Before that point, we would talk briefly on the phone or via the nurses after each ultrasound. How far along will you be when you're scheduled for your 4th u/s?
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • My RE does all my u/s and always has for both treatments and early pg. Did you see your RE for u/s when you were cycling? Since you're trying to graduate earlier due to financial reasons, I would be upfront with them about it and push to see the RE earlier so you can graduate. There's no reason you should have to have that many u/s before being released.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have only seen the nurse for us. i have only seen the doctor a couple of times. i will be ten weeks at the last us and they said he doesnt change that for anything. 
  • I think it just depends on the practice.  There really isn't a need to see the dr. unless there's an issue.  At my 1st RE's office, for the 2 times I was pg (they ended pretty early in m/c), the u/s tech did the u/s and I met briefly with the nurse to go over routine prenatal things.  I only got to meet with the dr. when we were told we were miscarrying. 

At my current RE's office, my RE did all the u/s so I saw him each time.  They didn't have an u/s tech at the time so RE did all u/s. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I only saw my RE at the very end of each appt. We chatted briefly, discussed blood work and u/s, and I was out the door. 
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • Yes but my practice is very small, just the RE, thr embryologist and a few nurses. I don't understand how he can "force" you to stick with him, especially since you're OOP. Couldn't you just start seeing an OB on your own? 

I gave you life, then you gave me mine.

TTC February 2008 to October 2008 One year forced break due to OIF deployment #2
    Resumed TTC in October 2009 HSG, Hysteroscopy, S/A all clear
    Five total medicated cycles and IUI #1-3 = BFN and all while we were still "unexplained IF"
    25 August Lap revealed Endo, adhesions and blocked left tube
    September 2011: Femara + IUI #4 (IUI #1 post endo removal) =BFFN
    November: IVF #1: Stims started 11/16 ER 11/25 (7R, 5F) ET 11/30 Transferred 2 beautiful expanding blastocysts +HPT 12/6/11
    Beta #1 at 9dp5dt=153! Beta #2 at 16dp5dt= 4009!

Ultrasound 12/30 showed one beautiful heartbeat! EDD 17 August, 2012

Hazel Evelyn arrived 10 August, 2012!

Surprise natural BFP March 2015. M/C at 5 weeks
    Another surprise natural BFP April 2015

• I guess I could, but then I am terrified I'll lose the baby. And, I don't have an ob, so I'm waiting on a recommendation from him!
  • I did not see my RE when I went in for my BETA's. I did see my RE after my first u/s and I have an appointment to see him again after my 2nd u/s this week. My 2nd u/s is my last appointment with my RE.  They had me make an appointment to see my regular OBGYN during week 10.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"